Switching to iD?

Userlevel 8
Badge

Switching to iD can save you money, because it stops you being charged for your old and new contract at the same time.

Once you’ve received your SIM card, switching to iD is simple. Here’s what you’ll need:

PAC (if want to transfer your number to iD) or STAC (if you want to switch without your old number):

• Using your old SIM, text PAC to 65075. Your PAC will then be sent to you by text.
  • Using your old SIM, text STAC to 75075. Your STAC will be sent to you by text.

Existing mobile number:

This is the mobile number from your old network - even if you’re not looking to keep it.

Transaction number:

This is a 9-digit number that can be found in your ‘order complete’ email or on your paper invoice. 

Here’s a few examples of where you can find your transaction number: 

Purchased from idmobile.co.uk: 

Order Complete Email (Example)

Purchased from Carphone Warehouse:

Carphone Warehouse Contract Summary Email (Example)

Purchased from e2save mobiles:

e2save mobiles - Contract Summary Email (example)

Purchased from Mobiles.co.uk:

Mobiles.co.uk - Contract Summary Email (Example)

Last Name:

Enter the last name of the iD Mobile account holder. This must be in the same format as it was entered during the purchase journey.

iD Mobile number:

You can find your iD Mobile number on your ‘Welcome to iD’ email, on the SIM card packaging that held your iD SIM, or on the receipt you received with your plan.

For more information about switching or to process your switch, visit our switching page.

47 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

What happens, when you come to register for your iD My Account online, if your last name contains a space or hyphen?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @andewhite,

We are aware of this issue occurring on some occasions with space and hyphens. If a customer experiences this issue they can contact us and we can assist further.

Regards,

Kash

My pac code isn’t working I’ve just requested it how do I speak to a person?

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Hi @PiersButler

Sorry to hear you’re having an issue with your PAC. What’s the issue you’re having? Are you trying to port-in or out? 

Regards,

Nikhil

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Hey @andewhite,

As long as the name matches with the name on the account, there shouldn’t be an issue with last names that have a hyphen or a space in it. 

Customers can check how their name appears on the account prior to registering, on the invoice that comes with their SIM/phone. 

If you come across any examples where this isn’t the case, send them over to me, and i’ll look into it. 

Thanks,
Nikhil

We’ve tried to process your PAC, but there is an issue with the information you’ve submitted, please check that you have provided the correct details and try again

please advise I’ve double checked it all and correct details

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Hi @PiersButler

Have you tried switching using the iD Mobile app? If you’re not already registered, you can register using your temporary iD number which can be found on the invoice that came with your SIM, or your welcome email. Once you’ve registered you can find out how to switch in the app. All you need is the mobile number you’re transferring over and your PAC. 

Here’s a Help Hub article on how to register: 

Alternatively, a member of the team will be in touch with you this morning via direct message. They’ll be able to assist with processing your switch. The cut off time for next working day switches is 5.30pm. So we’ll get this sorted for you today in time for your switch to be processed tomorrow. 

Thanks,
Nikhil

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @PiersButler,

Did you still need help with this?

It’s possible you are entering your order number instead of your transaction number.

The Transaction number can be found on the invoice.

Try alternatively registering for an iD account first here: https://my.idmobile.co.uk/#tab_default_2

If you have registered, then log-in and click My Services > Keep your number

You should be able to then enter just the PAC and number to keep.

If you still have issues, please let us know.

Also note, when registering, make sure to use the current active number on the iD SIM as the iD number, not the one you want to keep, as we send a code to the active iD SIM only. 

Mohammed

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @andewhite,

As long as the name matches with the name on the account, there shouldn’t be an issue with last names that have a hyphen or a space in it. 

Customers can check how their name appears on the account prior to registering, on the invoice that comes with their SIM/phone. 

If you come across any examples where this isn’t the case, send them over to me, and i’ll look into it. 

Thanks,
Nikhil

Some posts in the iD Community appear to suggest an invoice isn’t always packed with the order item(s) - is that possible?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hey @andewhite 

It’s possible! Usually invoices are included in the packaging with any order but of course there are a couple of outliers!

Tom

Hi. I switch phone and now my signal is not working and only came up with emergency calls only. Outside the house works, but inside of any spaces don't. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hey @Suzygomes, sorry to hear this. If your signal was working fine previously, it sounds like it could be an issue with the phone.

Have you tried entering your postcode here to see if there’s any network disruption?

Thank you,

Rory

Hello. I’m really struggling with porting over my old number to ID as I have just taken out a contract with you. For some reason I also cannot access the live chat.

Your website is not accepting me transferring over toy uo -- it keeps on saying there is an error but not what or where it is. I’ve downloaded the ID app but that just says “Sorry, your port-in request can’t be submitted at the moment. Please try again later.”

I have my PAC code, my old phone number and my new phone number. I suspect either my name has been spelt incorrectly on your system or the transaction code is wrong, although I’ve copied and pasted it from my invoice as you suggested.

Please can you help.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello. I’m really struggling with porting over my old number to ID as I have just taken out a contract with you. For some reason I also cannot access the live chat.

Your website is not accepting me transferring over toy uo -- it keeps on saying there is an error but not what or where it is. I’ve downloaded the ID app but that just says “Sorry, your port-in request can’t be submitted at the moment. Please try again later.”

I have my PAC code, my old phone number and my new phone number. I suspect either my name has been spelt incorrectly on your system or the transaction code is wrong, although I’ve copied and pasted it from my invoice as you suggested.

Please can you help.

Okay @troublewithswitching, if you can’t get live chat going and you want to get on and submit your PAC, then I recommend using facebook (using Messenger) or Twitter (by Direct Message), to contact the iD social media team for assistance.

FYI, any out-of-hours messages left on social media are picked-up when the social media team next start work.

Good luck @troublewithswitching 
🤞

Hi, I am trying to arrange porting and all of the information is correct (as far as I can tell) but It keeps saying something is wrong. 

Can you help?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi, I am trying to arrange porting and all of the information is correct (as far as I can tell) but It keeps saying something is wrong. 

Can you help?

Okay @Stephen Herald, are you leaving iD Mobile, or trying to join and port a number over to ID by PAC?

Trying to join. I keep filling the form in but it says something is wrong.

I have also messaged @troublewithswitching 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Trying to join. I keep filling the form in but it says something is wrong.

I have also messaged @troublewithswitching 

Okay @Stephen Herald, I’d recommend contacting the iD Mobile social media customer support team via facebook (with Messenger), or Twitter (by DM (direct message)).
They’ll be able to help with your PAC submission.

Any out-of-hours messages left on facebook or Twitter are handled when the iD social media team next start work - anyway, good luck.
🤞

Can’t fins my Transaction number. I bought it from curry’s and when they shipped it I didn’t get a confirmation email from ID and neither when I registered. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Madi Li 

Are you still having issues finding your transaction number? This should be found in your emails from either us or Currys and begin with a 4.

Tom

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Gretabailey, there is no telephone support with iD Mobile - their help & support are 100% online.

For help obtaining or submitting your PAC, I’d recommend contacting the iD Mobile social media customer support team via facebook (with Messenger), or Twitter (by DM (direct message)).

Any out-of-hours messages left on facebook or Twitter are handled when the iD social media team next start work - anyway, good luck.
🤞

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Gretabailey,

Do you still require assistance with this? If so please get back to us here and we will assist you with your query.

Kash

Userlevel 1

I've just joined on a £10 30 day rolling contract and I wasn't aware regarding the RPI increase. This is a sneaky trick as nothing was shown on the basket or checkout. I just noticed on my contract.  The reason I changed from EE is I thought iD didn't do the increase on their SIM only plans, only mobile phone plans. Really annoying as I'm thinking of cancelling this rolling contract now.😡

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @gaz gaz 

iD Mobile SIM only plans are currently exempt from RPI rate changes.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?