Question

unblock short code text messages

I have recently moved over to ID and so I’m trying to set up my NatWest app. they need to send me a short code text to activate it but the texts won’t come through. having spoken to the NatWest they have said that ID/Phone may block them. does anyone know how I unblock short code text messages please? I have an iPhone 11

11 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Lisamc 

Welcome to iD Community

I don’t believe we would have put a block on the number . 

However, I’ve sent you a direct message with further information.

Pearl

Hi,

I am also having the same issue with code text messages, they are coming through fine from some companies but not others.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello @harr7bo

I’m really sorry to hear you’re having issues with not receiving OTP texts.

We’ll send you a private message on here so that we can verify your details and escalate this issue to our Tech Team.

To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages. 

Thanks. 

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Hi,

I seem to have the same issue. I am not getting short code texts from a overseas bank account.

Would someone be able to help?

Many thanks

Jeevan

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi,

I seem to have the same issue. I am not getting short code texts from a overseas bank account.

Would someone be able to help?

Many thanks

Jeevan

Has this worked in the past?

Why has your overseas bank setup a short code for your mobile number? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @jsubramaniam, just checking in to see if you managed to get this sorted? If not, I’d recommend contacting the FacebookTwitter or Live Chat teams.

Thank you,

Rory

I'm also having this issue. Just moved from Vodafone and have never had this issue before. It appears to be a fairly common problem people are reporting.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hey @TheRealTomTom, I can see that you’ve contacted our Social Media Team regarding this so we’ll continue to assist there.

Thank you,

Rory

The same happens with me 

The same happens with me 

It took about 2/3 weeks and it finally just sync’d itself and processed. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @TheRealTomTom,

Glad to hear that it is resolved.

If you require any assistance in the future please feel free to get back to us here.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?