Solved

Unlocking a phone from O2 to use with ID

• 7 July 2018
  • 8 replies

Hello, I've recently received my ID sim bit the unlatching code my previous network O2 sent me does not work. They have said maybe my id sim is not active. Is this the case? How do I activate my ID sim?
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 9 July 2018, 17:17

View original

8 replies

I have received 2 puk codes from live chat and neither of them work. I haven't even started using my SIM yet which I received last week because my phone was locked to O2. I'm afraid my SIM could be permanently blocked because I've tried so many attempts. Could an admin pm me to advise what I need to do to use your network.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @Luke7t7,

Welcome to the iD Community.

All of our SIMs are activated upon dispatch.

If your phone is locked to your old network, you will need to contact them so they can arrange for this to be unlocked for you.

Mohammed
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
I have received 2 puk codes from live chat and neither of them work. I haven't even started using my SIM yet which I received last week because my phone was locked to O2. I'm afraid my SIM could be permanently blocked because I've tried so many attempts. Could an admin pm me to advise what I need to do to use your network.

Hello @Luke7t7,

I've merged your other topic here.

Are you trying to unblock a SIM that has been blocked due to failed PIN entry?

This is when you would need a PUK code.

If your phone is locked to the O2's network, then a PUK code would not solve your issue..

In which case, please see my response blow:

Hello @Luke7t7,

Welcome to the iD Community.

All of our SIMs are activated upon dispatch.

If your phone is locked to your old network, you will need to contact them so they can arrange for this to be unlocked for you.

Mohammed
Hi, thanks so much for your reply. I've had so much trouble with O2 sending me puk codes that don't work I'm afraid I may have blocked my ID SIM due to the amount of codes I've tried. Is there a way you can check if my SIM is blocked, as I still have an ongoing issue with O2 awaiting yet another code to try. I don't know anybody who has a handset I could test it on.
Just got off yet another chat with o2. The message I receive when inserting my ID sim says "SIM network PIN blocked enter SIM network PUK" they mentioned this could mean I need a PUK from ID. Is this true?
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @Luke7t7,

If this is an O2 SIM you're using in the handset then it's unlikely this would be the case. If you're using an iD SIM then we can provide you with a PUK code to get your SIM unblocked?

Let us know which SIM you're experiencing issues with and I'll advise further.

Mohammed
Thank you.

I am receiving this message when I insert the ID sim.
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Luke7t7,

No worries. If you can contact our Live Chat team, they'll be able to supply this to you.

Alternatively, I have sent you a private message with how you can obtain the PUK code using a different method.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?