Question

We need to speak to you about your order

On Thurs last week I placed to separate orders for 2 phones.  One was an upgrade for my son who was on a SIM only plan and I have now received his new phone.  In order to be able to order the second phone  I had to create a new account with a different email address which I did and the order was placed and I got an order confirmation email.  I then got a second email to say that orders may be a little delayed but it should be processed in 3-5 days.  On Fri I then had an email to say that you (ID Mobile) needed to speak to me about my order and that someone from the sales team will phone me.

Since then I've not received any call and I'm worried that my order is sitting somewhere untouched because the call centres are closed.  I am waiting for this order before I can give both phones to my children as surprise gifts so they can keep in touch with their friends who they can't see at this difficult time.  So I would really like to get it sorted out.  Could anyone tell me how else I could get in touch with the sales team, or how long I may have to wait for them to get in touch?

Thanks

10 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@MWardle 

I have sent you a private message with some more information.

Aklima

why is it so difficult to speak to someone ?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

To be honest @Ray Harwood, iD are up-front about the fact there is no telephone support for customers.

If you want telephone support you’d need to chose a service provider who offer that kind of assistance.

Good luck!

Hi Andy

I wish to get an ID sim card contract set up but have received the a message starting with “We need to speak to you about your order reference: XXXXXXX. “ Noone has phoned or otherwise contacted me - how long do I have to wait?

Regards

Ray

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @Ray Harwood,

I’m not an iD employee, so I recommend using the iD Live Chat service to find out - just go to:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/live-chat/

Keep your order details handy.

Also, to bypass the annoying 24/7 chat bot, you’ll need to type “talk to a person” or “speak to an agent”; but chat service is staffed by iD agents between 9am - 8pm, Mon - Fri.

Good luck! 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @Ray Harwood did you manage to speak with someone to get this sorted? 

If not, please let us know and we will pop you a message.

It is a frustratingly slow process & I’ve not had any luck with speaking to anyone.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Ray Harwood,

Does the email not feature a phone number? Could you provide a screenshot of it please?

Will

This is all it says:

D Mobile <websales@idmobile.co.uk>
Tue 31/08/2021 14:39

header-order.png

Dear Dr HARWOOD

We need to speak to you about your order reference: 117989716. 

Some details look like they might be incorrect, so your order has been passed to our sales team. They will try to get hold of you over the next few days using the contact number you provided when you placed the order online. The reason for this could be any of the following:

• Card/Bank Details – The card and bank details you give should be registered under your own name. Also, your billing address needs to be the same as your delivery address.

• Invalid Delivery Address – We can only deliver to your billing address for security reasons. There are also some addresses that we can’t deliver to, such as halls of residence or overseas addresses.

• Too many plans ordered – We currently only allow each customer to have a maximum of two iD plans at any one time.

• Existing Mobile Number Required – We need this as part of our credit checks, so please make doubly sure you enter your valid mobile number.

If we can’t get hold of you after two attempts, your order will be cancelled and you’ll need to place it again. If this happens, we won’t take any payment out of your account.

Regards

The iD Team

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello @Ray Harwood 

You can reach a member of the Sales Team on 0207 1391 397.

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Why iD Mobile?