Solved

Wow. User unfriendly much?

• 13 June 2018
  • 2 replies

So I receive my new SIM and insert it. I want to deploy a PAC code so I try to log in with the credentials I entered when I "bought" the SIM. Only they don't work. So I guess I have to register again with a username etc different to the details when I bought the SIM. So I click My Account/Register rather than login. I enter my number, name and DOB only to find the submit button is greyed out for some unfathomable reason. So I can't login and can't register. Nice.

So then I think, I'll sack off the PAC code and suck up a new number but that'll involve a phone call to my other provider tomorrow and by the time it's resolved I'll probably owe them for another 30 days that I won't even be using. Even nicer.

So if somebody could let me know exactly how or where to deploy a PAC code, or even how to register for my account I'd be most grateful.

Cheers.
icon

Best answer by ratbag 13 June 2018, 21:45

View original

2 replies

OK. Issue seems to be resolved. I'd copy/pasted my new number from my welcome email. If I type it in it works. Maybe a box telling us not to copy/paste might be a good idea? It would have saved me losing my head at least. Thanks.

For anybody else struggling, you'll also have to key in your PAC code rather than copy/pasting.
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Hi ratbag, I'm really pleased to see that your issue has been resolved; thanks for leaving an update!

It's great to see that you have left some advice for other users, I'm sure this will be really useful!

If you need anything else then please do not hesitate to get in touch!

- Chloé

Why iD Mobile?