Tutorial

How to get started on the iD Community

• 16 March 2018
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Welcome to the iD Community. If you’re a newcomer, here are some great tips to help you get up and running.

1. Complete your profile

Everybody likes to know who they’re speaking to. By adding more information to your profile, you’re more likely to receive better and quicker replies from your fellow community members.

To complete your profile information, head to the ‘My Profile’ page where you can add:
• Your profile picture.
• Your signature (a sentence that’ll be displayed at the bottom of all of your posts)
• Your town or city.

2. Don't be afraid to jump right in

Sometimes new users can be a bit nervous about jumping in and starting their own question or discussion, but there’s no need to be afraid. You’re amongst friends in the iD Community – and there’s no such thing as a stupid question. If you read a reply that’s too technical or complicated, don't hesitate ask about it. It’s the only way that others will know you need help!

3. Check if your question already exists

Got a burning question? Don’t forget there’s a chance that it’s been asked – and answered – before. That’s why it’s always a good idea to do a quick search before you start a new question or discussion. You can find the search bar at the top of every page in our community.

If you can’t find your question, go ahead and post it! If you’re not sure what to do, check out this article: How to start a new topic.

4. The more detail, the better

If you’re asking question or have an issue, try to include as much information as possible. This will help others understand exactly what the situation is.

If you want to know how to do something, say how far you got, and the stage you got stuck at.

If you’re asking a question about your phone, specify which model it is.

You can even add images and videos to your question. To find out how to do this, go here: How to attach images and videos to a post.

Important note: Never post any private information (your phone number, email address, home address etc.). Remember, this is a public community - anyone can see your posts and use this information against you.

5. Be patient

It might take a little time until someone comes along and answer your question. So please be patient!

Avoid asking the same question in several topics. It’ll only cause confusion amongst your fellow members.

We hope you find the above tips useful. If you want more help on getting started, take a look at the How-to section or ask a question below.

5 replies

Hi my name is Angela,, I am new to this, Will take me a long time to get use to my new phone to, Just hope i get use to it soon & how to use it,, As anyone else have the same trouble as me or is it cause i am thick ???
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi my name is Angela,, I am new to this, Will take me a long time to get use to my new phone to, Just hope i get use to it soon & how to use it,, As anyone else have the same trouble as me or is it cause i am thick ???

Hey @Angie4star,

Welcome to the iD Community!

Is this your first smartphone?

It depends on how eager you are to learn but I'm sure you can learn in no time.

If you need any support, feel free to contact us and we'd be happy to help!

Mohammed
Hi
I am unable to access my Account on the web on my PC (Windows 10)
I am using the same username and password I can access it on my Samsung phone.
The website on the PC is no longer responding or accepting my details.
Jeanne
Userlevel 1
Hi, my name is Jeanie. I live in Yorkshire - Leeds, to be precise.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi, my name is Jeanie. I live in Yorkshire - Leeds, to be precise.

Hello @jeanie46, Welcome to the iD Community!

Hi
I am unable to access my Account on the web on my PC (Windows 10)
I am using the same username and password I can access it on my Samsung phone.
The website on the PC is no longer responding or accepting my details.
Jeanne

Hey @JeanM,

You may have been locked out due to repeated attempts to log-in.

Can you try resetting your password on either your mobile browser or the PC and try again to log-in?

You'll need to make sure that you're not copying and pasting the password also.

Mohammed