Unable to see the Live Chat button?

• 13 October 2020
  • 36 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge

Please note, if you are using an iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro or iPhone 14 Pro Max device, you may experience visibility issues when using our Live Chat feature.

Whilst we work on having this resolved, please ensure you update your device to iOS version 16.4 or above to avoid any issues.

We’re aware some customers may be unable to view the Live Chat button on the iD Mobile website. If you’re having problems, please try the following steps:

Steps to start Live Chat:

1. Go to the Contact us page. 
  2. Scroll down to the “Live Chat” section on the page
  3. Click on the “Live Chat” button to start a chat.

Still having issues?

The Live Chat button may take a few seconds to appear, depending on your internet speed. While the page is loading, please do not refresh the page and allow at least 30 seconds for it to load fully. If still after this time the Live Chat button does not appear, please try the following:

1. Try a different internet browser – we’ve discovered that some specific internet browsers sometimes do not work well with Live Chat. We’re working to understand the problem but in the meantime, if you can’t view the live chat option, try another browser. For example, if you’re using Google Chrome, try Safari or Firefox. 
  2. Accept Functional Cookies – Declining Functional cookies when navigating to the iD Mobile website will block Live Chat from appearing correctly. To resolve this, when navigating to the website, you need to “Accept All Cookies”, or click “Manage Cookies” and enable “Functional Cookies”.

The above Privacy and Cookies Policy pop up is displayed the first time you navigate to the iD Mobile website. If you’ve already visited the website and can’t locate this pop up, you could try the following:

1. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy page here
  2. Scroll down to  “How do I manage my cookie preferences?”
  3. Select “Manage Cookies”

1. Turn off your browser security settings – if your browser comes with additional privacy or security features, these might impact how Live Person is accessed. If you can, try turning these browser privacy features off, and refresh the page. Be sure to turn them back on after you’ve completed your chat and closed the window. 

Are you facing a similar issue? Do you know of any other workarounds? Help us by letting us know below, and we’ll be sure to look into it. 

This topic has been closed for comments

36 replies

Hello.

Please could you tell me why I received a text message today from ID Mobile saying that I have used 100% of my data allowance which is renewed on 1st of each month and my phone is telling me I have only used 83.07 MB of the 2.00 GB allowance?

Thank you.

Brian Cunningham

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @bjcunninghammobile 

83mb isn’t that much in the grand scheme of things.  1GB of data is 1000mb. 

So simply looking at a few videos on YouTube or Social Media, updating or downloading an app, or having a video sent over WhatsApp or something could quickly run up to 83mb when on mobile data.

If you need further help, please create a topic of your own on the iD Community here and we’ll be happy to assist further.

Hi,

Unfortunately I lost my sim card. Are you able to replace it and to have the same number,  please ?

Userlevel 1

HI, I am a new customer, my first sim card should be arrived in 2-3 days, I am waiting for more than one week ad still not arrived, but I have already my first statement to pay. How I can cancel my contract???????????????

Userlevel 1

HI, I am a new customer, my first sim card should be arrived in 2-3 days, I am waiting for more than one week ad still not arrived, but I have already my first statement to pay. How I can cancel my contract???????????????

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Smokey, @Zanna & @Dragan Stepanovic,

We’re sorry to hear about those issues, have you managed to contact our Live Chat Team here in the meantime to have them looked into? If not, please let us know and we’ll offer further support.

Ryan

Hi trying to pay off my contract with Id mobile and I’m struggling, tried to ring every number provided and can’t get through, tried doing on my account page and just takes me to a screen that says it’s under construction, been into the shop to be told they can’t do it in store can anyone help just want to get it paid off as I don’t use the phone.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Berry81824,

Have you tried to use our automated phone service to make your payment? You can call 7777 from your iD phone or 0333 003 7777 (charges may apply) from another phone. You then need to choose option 2.

Further details can be found here: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/automated-services

Ryan

i dont know my mobile no on my phone REMOVED i cant active it

i have put the card in not working it says emergency only the sim is REMOVEDor REMOVED thats on the sim i need active it

please someone help me.  I have two contracts, but I would like to cancel one.  unfortunately I can't access my account ID or register ID App.

Userlevel 1

Telephone number REMOVED

My 24-month contract has ended and I do not want to renew it. I would like to cancel it. I have contacted you several times in regards to this issue, nothing was done about it. To my surprise, you have taken my name to an agent and demanding money.

I contacted you on 17th September 2020, on 24th November 2020, and on December 31st, 2020. I also used your chat line to cancel this contract and I was given PAC code to use.  

Could you please discontinue this service, because I do not need it any longer.

Userlevel 1

live chat is not working and one can not even contact ID mobile by phone. so frustrating.

Userlevel 1

Hello, is anyone there?

Or are we just endlessly going round in circles, ‘chatting’ to a bot, posting messages for help that aren’t answered?

Been waiting since Sunday for my current number to transfer over to iD.

How long does it take?

I need my phone for my freelance work and income.

Have spoken to someone at EE who has confirmed that my PAC number is definitely correct and there is nothing else they can do at their end.
Well, apart from offering me an improved deal with them.

I used Which? (a very highly trusted source) to choose a new phone and provider.

As it stands, as well as cancelling my iD contract, I feel I’ll have to contact Which? and inform them their article is factually incorrect:https://www.which.co.uk/reviews/mobile-phone-providers/article/best-mobile-networks-overview-amhDx1F0z41t

iD mobile should have 0 stars or 1 star at best for ‘Customer Service’ and ‘Ease of Contacting’.

Where is the evidence that I would provide?

It’s on this thread, and the many other threads, where ‘customers’ with the same or similar issues and complaints are being ignored.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

i have put the card in not working it says emergency only the sim is REMOVEDor REMOVED thats on the sim i need active it

Hello @philllippner

You can activate this here: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/your-sim-card

New SIM cards for new contracts are already active.

Only replacement SIMs need activating.

please someone help me.  I have two contracts, but I would like to cancel one.  unfortunately I can't access my account ID or register ID App.

We’ve already sent you a PM regarding this.

Telephone number REMOVED

My 24-month contract has ended and I do not want to renew it. I would like to cancel it. I have contacted you several times in regards to this issue, nothing was done about it. To my surprise, you have taken my name to an agent and demanding money.

I contacted you on 17th September 2020, on 24th November 2020, and on December 31st, 2020. I also used your chat line to cancel this contract and I was given PAC code to use.  

Could you please discontinue this service, because I do not need it any longer.

Hello @treasure2000,

Did you use the PAC code to port your number out and actually complete the cancellation?

Simply requesting a PAC code does not end the contract as it needs to also be used.

Hello, is anyone there?

Or are we just endlessly going round in circles, ‘chatting’ to a bot, posting messages for help that aren’t answered?

Been waiting since Sunday for my current number to transfer over to iD.

How long does it take?

I need my phone for my freelance work and income.

Have spoken to someone at EE who has confirmed that my PAC number is definitely correct and there is nothing else they can do at their end.
Well, apart from offering me an improved deal with them.

I used Which? (a very highly trusted source) to choose a new phone and provider.

As it stands, as well as cancelling my iD contract, I feel I’ll have to contact Which? and inform them their article is factually incorrect:https://www.which.co.uk/reviews/mobile-phone-providers/article/best-mobile-networks-overview-amhDx1F0z41t

iD mobile should have 0 stars or 1 star at best for ‘Customer Service’ and ‘Ease of Contacting’.

Where is the evidence that I would provide?

It’s on this thread, and the many other threads, where ‘customers’ with the same or similar issues and complaints are being ignored.

Hi @DaveMac79,

Complaints aren’t being ignored.

We’re working to reply to everyone as quickly as we can. We’ve got evidence of hundreds if not thousands of private message (for obvious reasons we can’t provide these) conversations where we’ve been resolving queries for people who have contacted us.

We’ve already PMed you since to help you with this.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

I echo @DaveMac79 . I’ve now filled out the ‘switching to ID mobile’ form and despite it stating ‘submission updated successfully’ I’m still yet to have my old number transferred over despite filling in the relevant details.

I’m paying for two networks currently and I need to use my phone for work tomorrow.

Lack of decent customer service is a put off. Just an email address would do.

I’m started to wish I hadn’t bothered switching, it’s too much hassle! 

If I don’t hear from ID mobile tomorrow, I’ll be cancelling my account and will take up the new offer (shame it took to leaving to get it) with my old network.

Userlevel 1

I was meant to say - ‘I’ve now filled out the ‘switching to ID mobile’ form TWICE over the period of a week. But still no peep out of ID mobile.

Userlevel 1

@Fionas 

My old number has transferred over now. It just took a while due to a technical problem.

Good luck!

Userlevel 1

@DaveMac79 thanks for the reassurance, hopefully someone (a real one!) from ID mobile will see this and will be able to advise.

Userlevel 1

@Fionas If not, maybe try posting a new topic or a message or two on other existing similar topics :)

But I’m sure someone will help you soon!

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Fionas 

We’ll send you a private message on here so that we can verify your details and help resolve the issue with your number port.

To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages. 

Thanks. 

Michelle 

I’ve tried to use the chat bot facility but I can’t get it to answer correctly. I need to unlock my phone, currently locked to ID, but the chat bot will only reply about unlocking from other networks. Could someone please let me know how to get my phone unlocked from the ID network? Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @swiftyi1 

We’ll send you a private message on here so that we can verify your details and help with your unlocking request.

To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages. 

Thanks. 

Michelle 

Hello,

I mistakenly purchased a 3GB add-on and was wondering if there is any way to cancel this since I don't need it and haven't used any of the data?

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @debbieroo1434 

We can’t cancel them and we don’t normally refund these.

However, providing it’s been applied in error and it’s the first time this has ocurred, we may be able to offer a credit here.

Can you confirm if the add-on has fully expired? If not, we’ll need to first wait until it’s expired before looking into this as we’d only offer this if there is no data used.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?