Trade in: Everything you need to know

• 20 January 2020
  • 0 replies
Trade in: Everything you need to know
Userlevel 8
Badge

Contents:

What is Trade-in?

Currently there are approximately 7.7 billion people in the world. And currently there are around 8.97 billion mobile devices in the world! So what can you do with all these spare phones? Make money!

AtiD Mobile, we want to help everyone be able to make the most of their old phones and so we are now offering you the ability to trade in your old phones for money.

This is done via our website and after being assessed that the phone is in the condition you described, we send you money. It really is as simple as that.

How does it work?

It’s so easy, just visit our website www.idmobile.co.uk/trade-in and search for your phone. You can do this at any time whether you’re buying a new contract, upgrading or just found an old phone in your cupboard.

Then follow these 3 simple steps:

https://uploads-eu-west-1.insided.com/idmobile-en/attachment/42674f42-fbb6-49a3-8655-03bc68214c28.png

I’ve sent in my phone what happens next?

As soon as we receive your device, we’ll assess the phone to make sure it’s in the condition you described. Once we’re satisfied, we’ll make a bank transfer within one working day. This can sometimes take up to two extra days to clear. But it’ll soon be all yours.

If your phone’s not in the condition described, we may not give you the price quoted. We’ll send you an email advising of the issues we found and offering a different value. If you no longer wish to go ahead, let us know and we’ll send your phone back for free.

If you accept, we’ll make the bank transfer as above. Please be aware, if we do NOT hear from you within 7 days of any alternative offer, we’ll assume you wish to accept the offer and will transfer the amount quoted.

We’ll keep you in the loop every step of the way and will email you when we receive the phone, once we’ve valued it and as soon as the payment has been made.

Who to contact with any problems?

If you have any queries or issues with your trade in, please contact us at: tradeuphelp@currys.co.uk and we’ll be happy to help.

Where can I see the terms and conditions?

To read all the T&Cs, please visit www.idmobile.co.uk/trade-in and click on Terms and Conditions.

What else can I do with my phone?

We’re glad you asked. We can think of at least 14 uses for your old phone. There’s everything from home security camera to VR headset!

​​FAQs

My pre-paid envelope hasn’t arrived?

If you haven’t received your pre-paid envelope within two working days of it being sent, please visit www.idmobile.co.uk/trade-in and resubmit your request. We’ll then pop a new one in the post.

Can I cancel?

If you change your mind before posting your old device to us, that’s fine. However, this does mean that you won’t be able to trade in this device with us in the future. If you’ve already posted your device to us and we have agreed to pay the amount we originally offered, the Trade-in can’t be cancelled.

When will I get paid?

As soon as we receive your device, we make a bank transfer within one working day. This can sometimes take up to two extra days to clear. But it will soon be with you. If you haven’t received your payment after this time, please contact our Trade-in team at: tradeuphelp@currys.co.uk

What are the common reasons why you don’t pay out a full value?

While many of our offers are at the full value, there are certain situations where we can’t pay the full amount. The most common reasons are liquid damage, screen burn, a PIN lock being present on the phone, or cracked screens.

How do I wipe my data before sending my phone?

We recommend you do a factory reset on your phone before sending it in. We also back that up by wiping the phone as part of our recycling process. You’ll need to unlock your phone before sending it in, as we won’t be able to recycle your device if it’s still locked with a PIN.

My phone is in perfect condition, why won’t you pay out?

Sometimes damage may not be seen on the phone, mainly where liquid damage or screen burn are present. If this is the case, we’ll let you know our revised quote. If you no longer wish to go ahead, we’ll send your phone back for free.

Any more questions?

If you have any further questions or need any help, please either check out our website or get in touch. You can do this via our website: www.idmobile.co.uk/trade-in or by emailing the Trade-in team at: tradeuphelp@currys.co.uk

This topic has been closed for comments
Why iD Mobile?