iPhone XS and XS Max on iD Mobile

• 26 September 2018
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge

Some customers using the iPhone XS or XS Max with their iD Mobile SIM will have experienced issues trying to use their SIM card in these phones.

We’ve identified the cause of this issue and what is required to fix it.

Some of our SIM cards are not currently compatible with the iPhone XS and XS Max. If you have a SIM card which starts with 8944200117, this won’t work for you in these new iPhones.

We are working hard to rectify the issue as quickly as possible, but in the meantime, the issue can be solved by using a new SIM without the above prefix.

We’ve tried to identify as many customers as possible who we believe may have one of these iPhones along with a SIM which won’t work.

We have posted replacement SIM cards to all the customers who we’ve been able to identify as potentially having this issue, but we are aware that some customers may not have received a replacement SIM yet:

• If you have a SIM Only connection with iD, and therefore did not buy your iPhone XS or XS Max as part of your iD purchase, we won’t know you’re impacted until you let us know.
  • If you have upgraded your iD contract with us to an iPhone XS or XS Max, and have activated the SIM card which came with your upgrade, you may be impacted and we might not know until you tell us.

We apologise to all customers who are impacted by this issue, and we would like to get this resolved for everyone as soon as possible.

If you are impacted by this issue, and you haven’t already heard from us about a replacement SIM, please contact us to let us know.

You can get in touch with us by calling us on 0333 003 7777 (charges may apply) or by using one of our alternative contact methods listed here: www.idmobile.co.uk/contactus

We’ll continue to update this thread once we know more about this SIM issue.

6 replies

I'm a new SIM-only customer now on my 2nd SIM for my iPhone XS in 3 days, trying to work out why it's not working...

A month on from this update is this problem going to be resolved? SIMs with these prefixes are still being issued (both of mine are) and there was no check when I rang customer services earlier to see if this was the reason I couldn't connect.
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @bensmithuk,

We are deeply sorry to hear that this has happened. I can see that we have spoken to you today via Social Media and we're on the way with having this resolved. Please get back in touch if you need anything else at all.

Ryan
I have exactly the same issue. I am a SIM only customer and my old SIM does not work in my iPhone XS. Customer services sent me a replacement SIM but it has the 8944200117 prefix. Have they not been informed of this issue? When am I going to get a SIM that works in the iPhone XS?
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @confused,

I'm sorry to hear that! Our teams are aware of the issue and should not have sent out a SIM card with the prefix. Please can you contact our Live Chat team here so we can have a new once dispatched as soon as possible?

Ryan

Hi, I currently have a sim only plan that I have had since 2018. Last week I switched from my iPhone 6 to an IPhone XS and was having sim issues where it would would be working for a few hours then suddenly my sim would become disconnected with the ‘no sim installed’ prompt. I would have to physically put it back in and out to get it to work again. I sent the phone back for repairs but apparently there was no such issue. Is it possible that my sim is still not working with the new iPhone XS since it is quite old?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @AhmedS157,

It could be an issue with the SIM and a replacement SIM may fix this.

Have you sicne had this sorted or did you still need help with one getting sent out?

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?