Network Issues

• 18 October 2019
  • 27 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge

After yesterday’s network outage, we’re aware that some customers are still facing issues accessing our 4G network and using Wi-Fi Calling. We’re working with our network partners to get this resolved, and get all our customers back up and running as soon as possible.

If you’re still experiencing issues, we recommend turning your phone off and on every couple of hours until your services are restored as normal.

Services are now fully restored. If you still can't connect to the network, please turn your phone off and on again, or turn airplane mode on for about 30 seconds then off. This should help to reconnect you to the network. 

We’re sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

27 replies

Userlevel 3

Not great when you live in the countryside with 0 bars & 1 bar if atmospherics are good. Putting phone where can just get 1 bar but calls drop when you answer coz it drops back to 0 bar. Keep doing what you suggest with no joy. 

Here's some advice for ID, you know from your data centre and customer home address who uses WiFi calling. So send a text saying its down and that you'll send another text when you KNOW the problem is resolved. Then we can just go through your steps once instead of every couple of hours. 

Not knocking network issues or lack of WiFi calling but for a communication company please learn to communicate, customer services are under much pressure we're not getting responses so sms must be better 

Userlevel 3

Up & running my left foot. Jumping through your hoops & now am worse off, no service flicking to emergency calls only. P10 lite. Please fix or I cancel & move in December when contract is up

Userlevel 1

Yes this problem isn’t fixed as of this morning (3x phones on ID), neither is it fixed on Three (we have a phone in the house on that network which also isn’t doing wifi calling).

Userlevel 1

Ild like to know how this issue is fixed.. Day three of no phone usage unless I'm at home with WiFi, ridiculous!! 

Userlevel 3

Live chat just said 4g & WiFi calling not up fully guys. Have transcript so the forum is telling falsehoods 

Userlevel 3

Contact live chat, push hard & they will say the issues are ongoing, this forum won't let me upload transcript to show & help you all

Userlevel 3

Userlevel 3

Allowed the post of transcript via Chrome just not via the id app I wonder why? 🤪 🤔 😂. 

It's there in black & white from an ID employee that the outage is ongoing, watchdog anyone? 😉 

Userlevel 1

Wi fi calling still not available but how’s this for weird: my partner and I both have IPhone 5s’s, her wi fi calling is working and mine isn’t. I've tried every on/off variation plus network reset and still nothing. 

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I’ve had no WiFi calling for the past three days and like others I’m in a rural area with no mobile signal. So, having climbed to the top of a local hill I contacted ID (via a mast)yesterday only to be assured that the problem was fixed (and “it was never down anyway in your area”-oh yes it was!). And I was told it was my phone problem even though I followed all the internet suggested remedies. So I was told to take my phone to the nearest Carphone Warehouse which is a considerable distance away. I was about to set off with my phone a few minutes ago-and guess what, WiFi calling is working again-it’s a miracle, my phone has undergone a spontaneous self cure. I am upset by your lies or perhaps just total ineptness and I would be furious if I had made the superfluous journey.

I suggest your “support team” get a grip. Duff gen is worse than no gen.

Userlevel 1

WiFi calling still not working for me!

Userlevel 3

Same here, 4g patchy at best too. Why don't they just say the truth! 

Userlevel 1

I spoke too soon, WiFi Calling is off again today. So frustrating. I suppose its just possible that Network 3 are not being entirely truthful with ID but either way its time this nonsense was sorted out-we are the paying customers after all.

Userlevel 3

Still no WiFi, 4g like 56k dial up modem when you are out. Nobody expects 100% uptime BUT we do expect the truth & not left hanging.

I've lodged a formal complaint about the network issues resolved being un-truthful. The more that do it perhaps the more they will listen for next time? 🤣 🤣 🤣 Oh hang on this is the ID communication company that don't know how to communicate 

Userlevel 3

Just checked with "down detector" virtually the whole UK is affected with the three outage with 34 reports to the site in the last hour (including me) Check report network is bad here click the green writing & it will take you to id mother network https://downdetector.co.uk/status/3/

Userlevel 1

Mine’s back on. Still baffled though - two people with identical phones on the same network using the same router, and one of us has wi fi calling and the other hasn’t? Anybody got a theory?

Can anyone else advise if they are suffering no service issues in the KY4 area. 

Userlevel 3

Mine’s back on. Still baffled though - two people with identical phones on the same network using the same router, and one of us has wi fi calling and the other hasn’t? Anybody got a theory?

Different phone manufacturers? 

Userlevel 1

No - both iPhone 5s, bought at the same time

Userlevel 3

No - both iPhone 5s, bought at the same time

Can only think that service in your area is being restored in stages, drip feeding slowly so the network isn't swamped with too many re-connect requests at once but that's only using logic!

Would help if ID would actually communicate, I'm sure most just want to know where we are. 

Userlevel 3

Still no WiFi calling of 4G in Hampshire 

Userlevel 1

Wi fi calling down again in north Cumbria 

Userlevel 3

On the phone to ID they say WiFi calling & 4g is looking at 7 working days to fix from this point so WEDNESDAY NEXT WEEK guys

Userlevel 1

Day 5 and wifi calling is still down here in Kent as well.  Sounds like Three had a pretty nasty outage they are trying to keep quiet about.  Either someone seriously screwed up a deployment of some sort or perhaps they were hacked ?

Userlevel 3

Day 5 and wifi calling is still down here in Kent as well.  Sounds like Three had a pretty nasty outage they are trying to keep quiet about.  Either someone seriously screwed up a deployment of some sort or perhaps they were hacked ?

WEDNESDAY NEXT WEEK for WiFi calling to return CEO office is telling me, 4g will be patchy till then too. Also some satellite masts are down affecting some cell sites. Check www.downdetector.com or contact portal way office for more

Why iD Mobile?