Switching to iD during the festive period

• 23 December 2019
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge

Between the 21st December and the 1st January, the time it will take for you to switch over to iD will take longer than usual.

You can still use your new iD Mobile plan, but your old account will take longer than usual to disconnect, and if you’re transferring your number over to iD, it won’t transfer over until your old account is disconnected.

Find out more here

2 replies

On 22 December, I changed from an ID mobile PAYG sim to a rolling monthly contract sim with ID mobile. I want to keep my original telephone number and so, according to my understanding, I did not request my PAC number as it is the same network. Is this correct?

It is now 28 December, and I expected my original number to change over to the new sim (5 days) but this has not yet happened. Can someone advise me if there is anything I need to do?

Thankyou in advance

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

On 22 December, I changed from an ID mobile PAYG sim to a rolling monthly contract sim with ID mobile. I want to keep my original telephone number and so, according to my understanding, I did not request my PAC number as it is the same network. Is this correct?

It is now 28 December, and I expected my original number to change over to the new sim (5 days) but this has not yet happened. Can someone advise me if there is anything I need to do?

Thankyou in advance

Hello @BarimaIDmobile,

This is not correct, I believe you have misunderstood the porting process.

There are 2 things that need to be mentioned here.

1. It is not possible to transfer your number from an iD plan to another iD Plan
  2. We can’t convert your plan from a PAYG to PAYM plan

You can get a PAC code and port the number out to a different network or port a number from a different network into iD. 

We would not automatically transfer a number unless it’s an upgrade that was processed. In this instance, the plan changes whilst the number is retained.

If you’d like to cancel the SIM-only plan, please contact us and we'll process this.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?