Wi-Fi Calling Issues

• 23 October 2019
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge

We’re aware that there may be some issues affecting customers’ ability to make Wi-Fi calls (on Wi-Fi Calling compatible handsets). We’re working with our network partner to resolve this ASAP and will update this post with any further updates on the issue.

Your ability to make calls, send texts and use your data over the 4G/3G network are not affected. 

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

9 replies

Userlevel 3

Hope you are not unlucky like me. Although had WiFi calling on id for over a year they say its not their problem as a P10 lite should never have been authorised to use WiFi calling in the 1st place 😂😂. The upside offered a free out of contract

Userlevel 1

Wifi calling has not been working for me ever since the Three problems last week - highly likely to be related. 

Keen this gets fixed ASAP.

Userlevel 3

Wifi calling has not been working for me ever since the Three problems last week - highly likely to be related. 

Keen this gets fixed ASAP.

Depends on your model of phone. ID have made an error & allowed phones to use WiFi calling that ain't authorised to use WiFi calling 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 

Userlevel 1

This isn’t related to the make of phone - which is supported - it’s a problem with the network. 

Userlevel 3

This isn’t related to the make of phone - which is supported - it’s a problem with the network. 

So was mine for over a year until the outage! 

Userlevel 3

Might be worth trying to reboot the phone, think WiFi calling might be coming back up slowly. It just came back up on my un-authorised phone without even the need for a reboot. 

Userlevel 1

My WiFi started working today for the first time in 2 weeks. What really appalls me is the attitude of iD, possibly having been fed misinformation by their network provider about its serviceability. Twice I have nearly made a long journey to get my phone checked out as none of the fixes suggested on the internet were working. Then I noticed that very occasionally WiFi calling would appear on the phone but only for a few minutes which makes it less likely to be a phone problem. If someone is working to restore this facility iD need to know and that means someone needs to admit it and tell its customers. I’m very disappointed in the lack of integrity and poor communication skills of all concerned.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

My Wifi Calling Started to work today. I am glad that iD Mobile is getting this outage sorted. :-) 

Userlevel 1

Yes mine too so seems to being resolved now. 

Why iD Mobile?