“How are you getting on?” email sent in error + iD Mobile App and Online Account Issue

• 8 February 2021
  • 17 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge

We're aware that some customers might've received an email titled "How are you getting on?" yesterday. The email suggests that you recently changed plan; however, this is not the case. This email was sent in error and can be disregarded.

Edit - My account online and the iD Mobile app are now functioning correctly

We're also currently experiencing some issues with the iD Mobile app and My Account online, which means some customers may not be able to access their account. Our team are working on getting everything working again as quickly as possible. We'll update this thread when the issue has been resolved. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thanks,

The iD Mobile Team

17 replies

How do I send PAC to ID mobile?

Userlevel 1

Your chat live has also died.

Can you tell your twitter “bots” to stop advising people to use the app / website / chat live. 
Somewhat pointless?

Userlevel 1

Will I be able to access my account when you’ve fixed your issues? And how long will it take?

Userlevel 1

I have got an email from you stating that I have been put on a new tariff. I haven't asked to be on another tariff so please put me back on the old one. Account 12114352.

Userlevel 1

I have also had an email today 8 Feb saying I have recently changed plan.  I have not done this but can’t log on to check or get hold of anyone at ID, concerned that my account may have been hacked? Very poor service, you need to be able to respond to urgent matters. No phone number, no live chat.

Userlevel 1

Quite agree with the above. 

Userlevel 1

I agree 👍 service  very poor difficult  to use no contact  centre  to talk to a human when problem  appear  not ideal in a pandemic 

Userlevel 1

I’ve just switched to sim only but can’t cancel my previous contract sim! WHY.

Userlevel 1

Worst idea ever to have online only support. I’ve been in a panic since receiving the email, and none of your fixed options provided any avenue to address it, especially since my account seems to be affected by the lockout problem. A pity, as I remember your service staff as being top notch.

I had to register a new account to even comment here.

As soon as access is restored, I will be cancelling my account.

Userlevel 1

I was told my username was my Email number now I am told this is not so.

This provider is in no way customer friendly. I think the best thing is to put it on Facebook and sham them.

Thanks for the email with added apologies for stating you changed tarrif/plans.. Hi, anyway. Thanks for the decent service I receive already. Stay safe to all🙏🤗👍

Userlevel 1

We're aware that some customers might've received an email titled "How are you getting on?" earlier today. The email suggests that you recently changed plan; however, this is not the case. This email was sent in error and can be disregarded.

We're also currently experiencing some issues with the iD Mobile app and My Account online, which means some customers may not be able to access their account. Our team are working on getting everything working again as quickly as possible. We'll update this thread when the issue has been resolved. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thanks,

The iD Mobile Team

Due to my illness Huntingtons disease stage 3 I have been extremely worried about the email and not able to understand what had happened and how /why my account had changed.

Thank you for taking the time to clear it up but please in future don't allow automated emails without human clarification 

Regards 

J M Stubbs 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

We’re sincerely sorry for any distress caused there @mrjezstubbs, and rest assured this sort of mass email in error is an extreme rarity.

If you’d like us to send you a private message to make a note on your account of your circumstances to potentially help us help you further in future though, please let us know here and we can send you a private message to take some further information.

Userlevel 1

I would be extremely grateful if you could please send me a private message regarding my circumstances just let me know what information you would like me to provide by private messaging

With thanks 

Mr Jez Stubbs 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @mrjezstubbs 

We’ll send you a private message on here so that we can verify your details. 

To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages. 

Michelle

iD Mobile 

I’ve just switched to sim only but can’t cancel my previous contract sim! WHY.

I got to the checkout for a £8 a month sim, they tested my card by charging 1p and stated it hasn’t worked even though it shows the transaction on my banking app. I tried a further 2 times and I’m now a whole 3p down! Don’t understand what’s going on

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Aidyg138 

The 1p is taken for security checks, this will be refunded to you in 3-5 working days. We would advise calling our iD sales team on 0800 049 0250 where an advisor can check this out for you and complete the order over the phone.

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?