How to Contact us Over the Festive Period

• 23 December 2020
  • 17 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3
  • iD Mobile Employee
  • 118 replies

If you're unable to find what you need on the iD Community and need help with your iD account or further assistance, our Virtual Assistant and Live Chat team are here to help.

Our Virtual Assistant is available 24/7 and Live Chat is open between 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday, and 9am - 6pm Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays.

Our Virtual Assistant and Live Chat team can be found here.

We are closed on Christmas Day and New Year’s Day to give our contact centre staff a well-deserved break in recognition of their hard work supporting our customers this year.

Please note: Over the festive period our porting (PAC/STAC) and delivery dates may be different to usual.

Visit our switch to iD guide for further information on when you can expect your switch to iD to take place.

Visit our delivery page for our last delivery dates prior to Christmas Day.

17 replies

Please could you explain why the above is incorrect?

Live chat says no-one is available at 13:30 on 30th Dec.

No-one can contact me because a number port has encountered an issue. My old number is disconnected. Your phone line is just automated uselessness!

I too need to speak to a human and there is not phone number or anything to help.  The information regarding the Festive period is out of date and no use.  30 December should be a normal working day with real people.

I need to speak to someone because the SIM card for my mother’s phone was sent to me because I pay for the phone, but she lives over 200 miles away in a tier 4 area.  Her phone is her lifeline, so I urgently need to sort it.

I have tried to connect with Live Chat both yesterday and today, but as above get the same message that “were unavailable right now”, despite opening hours stating Mon-Fri 9am - 8pm.

I need to get a proof of usage statement to send to my insurance company, as somehow I’ve chipped the home button on my iphone and its non-responsive.  Going to need a repair, but the insurance company won’t do so until I’ve proof of usage with IMEI etc...

I know how you feel I want to speak to a person who is able to help live chat is useless and you end up being given a message telling me they are unavailable at the moment except it tells you that they are open Monday to Friday 9 to 8 Saturday 9 to 6 useless I have paid my bill was able to make calls and texts and today I got my account suspended so I need a human to unsuspend my account no a robot lol I need my phone 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I too need to speak to a human and there is not phone number or anything to help.  The information regarding the Festive period is out of date and no use.  30 December should be a normal working day with real people.

I need to speak to someone because the SIM card for my mother’s phone was sent to me because I pay for the phone, but she lives over 200 miles away in a tier 4 area.  Her phone is her lifeline, so I urgently need to sort it.

Hello @Popplepen,

If you placed the order in your name, the SIM is sent to the billing address on the account.

You can send this out to her via Royal Mail as we’d only send the SIM to the account holder.

Please could you explain why the above is incorrect?

Live chat says no-one is available at 13:30 on 30th Dec.

No-one can contact me because a number port has encountered an issue. My old number is disconnected. Your phone line is just automated uselessness!

Have you been able to get this resolved? @dpctristram

I have tried to connect with Live Chat both yesterday and today, but as above get the same message that “were unavailable right now”, despite opening hours stating Mon-Fri 9am - 8pm.

I need to get a proof of usage statement to send to my insurance company, as somehow I’ve chipped the home button on my iphone and its non-responsive.  Going to need a repair, but the insurance company won’t do so until I’ve proof of usage with IMEI etc...

I’ll send you a PM so we can pick this up for you right away @Dougal 

I know how you feel I want to speak to a person who is able to help live chat is useless and you end up being given a message telling me they are unavailable at the moment except it tells you that they are open Monday to Friday 9 to 8 Saturday 9 to 6 useless I have paid my bill was able to make calls and texts and today I got my account suspended so I need a human to unsuspend my account no a robot lol I need my phone 

Have you since had the services un-suspended @SIR MARC ?

Mohammed

The big question is , if you have an upgrade which is SIM only, will the phone continue to work under the new pricing and with the upgraded call, text and data volumes , even if the new SIM card is not used?

I needed to speak to a human to get an answer to that.

Userlevel 1

And your chat is still closed with the Christmas and New Year message despite it being a normal working day...Issue with my bill I’d like help understanding please.

Agreeing with all of the people above me! Don’t see any way of getting in contact and I was supposed to have cancelled my contract and getting a refund as was told I was within the returns period. Instead, I’m being charged AGAIN and no way to stop anything as it says my account credentials are incorrect, even after changing passwords etc. Really unhappy with this, please sort something out!

Userlevel 1

@James999 I did manage to get through on chat eventually, but took a while!

@James999 I did manage to get through on chat eventually, but took a while!

Thanks! I’ll keep trying thanks for letting me know :)

I have been waiting 9 days for my number to switch over. I have been on the live chat 20 or so times nobody has helped me fix this. We are in a worldwide pandemic and nobody can contact me . What should I do ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Claudia Matthews,

We’re sorry to hear about that, it’s surprising that you have spoken to 20 of our agents and you haven’t been able to get help. We’ll send you a PM now so that we can look into your port issue.

Ryan

I’m trying to cancel my account, I keep getting ignored. Live chat does not work, private messages do not work, yet you send my account to a credit agency?? Credit agency, have returned the account to you, as i’ve shown them several items of proof you are clearly breaking the law and ignoring me. Therefore I strongly suggest you cancel my account. This is written notice ID:Account Number:

Office of fair trading have now been contacted.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @HeatherH,

We are sorry to hear about that. I have checked our side and we have not sent you a private message here so I’m not sure what you are referring to there I’m afraid. Our Live Chat Team may have been busy when you tried to contact so we would advise giving it another go if possible to see if you manage to get through on the next occasion.

You can also find ways of cancelling your plan on our dedicated post here:

Please let us know if you need further help after visiting that post.

Ryan

live chat is unavailable, Why?,

i paid my bill last Friday but now i am without data, why?.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @goodlooking,

Sorry to hear that.

Are you other services working okay?

If this has finished, you’ll need to purchase and add-on or look at changing plans for more data.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?