Transferring your number or account to iD Mobile over Easter

Userlevel 8
Badge

If you’re switching to iD over the next few days, it will take longer than usual, due to the Easter weekend.  

Here’s a table to show how long it will take: 

Give us your PAC or STAC by: Date you’ll switch to iD Mobile
Wednesday 8th April before 5.30pm Thursday 9th April
Wednesday 8th April after 5.30pm to Thursday 9th April before 5.30pm Tuesday 14th April
Thursday 9th April after 5.30pm to Tuesday 14th April before 5.30pm Wednesday 15th April

11 replies

Doesn't matter how long it will take if no-ones PAC codes are working......

Userlevel 1

I submitted a PAC code request over a week ago on 30/03/20. My number has not been transferred. Please can you expedite this transfer as my PAC code expires this week. So far I am not very impressed with my first experience of iD mobile. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @dwiddowson @dwiddowson 

We have just had confirmation that the PAC & STAC services are now functioning again, following a quick test myself I can say that it is the case also.

Let me apologise for the inconvenience this has caused.

Kind regards,

Richard C

I have a problem with my sim card can you please send me a new SIM card?

I am trying to transfer my son’s mobile number to a new ID Mobile account. The PAC code was requested over 2 weeks ago, and was ported from the old provider the next business day. However, ID Mobile has not activated the number onto the account (so the temporary ID phone number works, but my son is unreachable on his actual phone number). I called customer service around 2 weeks ago, and they said I would get a call back from engineering, but I have not received anything.

How on earth can I resolve this issue without tech support being available? Any help appreciated -- it is my son’s birthday today and he’s not getting calls he expected due to this problem!

I'm not sure if my pac request to change my existing number to ID has worked.

I requested my number was transferred 7 days ago and it still hasn't happened.

With the call centre closed I have no idea how to get this fixed? 

Can anyone help, my first 7 days of being with ID Mobile have not been a great first impression!

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Hi @Ismahan ali , @julianlawson , @KatieAC

I have sent you a direct message with some further instructions to assist with your query.

Thanks,
Nikhil

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Hi @Jackdp

Welcome to the iD Community. 

When did you give us your PAC code? If you submitted your details between Wednesday 8th April after 5.30pm and Monday 13th before 5.30pm, it’ll take a little longer than usual to transfer your number over.

If your number hasn’t transferred over by Thursday, please let us know. 

Thanks,
Nikhil

Submitted my PAC code over the weekend and got a text this morning saying:

We have tried to process your PAC/STAC but we ran into an issue - the iD mobile number, last name or transaction number you have entered is incorrect. Please contact customer services. 

I now have no service on my existing number but my iD mobile has not changed (ported my existing number)

Submitted my PAC code over the weekend and got a text this morning saying:

We have tried to process your PAC/STAC but we ran into an issue - the iD mobile number, last name or transaction number you have entered is incorrect. Please contact customer services. 

I now have no service on my existing number but my iD mobile has not changed (ported my existing number)

This is EXACTLY what happened to me a month ago. I then:

1. spoke to IT support, who said that the email is incorrect, and this is sent out if you submit the PAC over the weekend because provisioning doesn’t happen until the next business day
  2. When the number still hadn’t ported two business days later, I called IT support again. They said the previous CSR was incorrect about the email, and that some information WAS missing (though they couldn’t tell me what). I supplied all information again over the phone.
  3. After another week or so, called IT support back. They said there was a problem and they would escalate to engineering, who would call me back
  4. After another two weeks or so, I tried calling IT  support, but the phoneline had been closed due to covid, and live chat had no available agents
  5. Last Friday, I received an email from IT support asking for the information mentioned by you above. I replied with the information same day
  6. Last Monday, I received another email from someone else in IT support asking for the same information. I replied same day.
  7. On Tuesday I tried live chat AND id community (note, my PAC expires on April 18th). I was told that it would be ported by Thursday
  8. Today I tried live chat (who said it would be ported today), and I had a message from ID community saying it would be ported tomorrow.

At this point, I have very little faith in ID Mobile. I hope you have better luck.

Why iD Mobile?