Question

Calls diverting to a different number whilst abroad

• 11 March 2019
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
I am in Portugal on holiday and tried to contact my daughter a few times, for hours I tried text, watsap, calls and the texts not delivered and the calls been answered in Arabic and another times in French, my daughter have not changed her number! My husband tried her number and managed to speak to her fine. I guess is a problem with my ID , please help

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Hi @RosieA

Have you made sure to replce the first zero of her number to "+44" ?
That's the international code for the UK.

Hope that helps
Best Regards
Adam
Userlevel 1
Thank you, yes I did use +44
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Hi @RosieA

Have you also included the exit code when dialing out of country. This is 00, this needs to be before the entry code 44 for the uk.

So your number should read 00 44 (daughter's number without it's leading zero)

Here's a link for further info.

https://www.area-codes.org.uk/international/portugal.php

Hope this helps :)

Best Regards
Adam
Userlevel 1
Look Adam my problem is NOT been able to connect! Eventually I managed to connect to her. The problem is in various attempts the calls have been diverted somewhere else that was not UK!
It happened every day I was there and at random times.
I have managed to speak to her lots of times in the same number and different times.
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
@RosieA

I understand your problem now.
That's really strange, especially considering you do on occasion make the connection.
Unfortunately i've never experienced this before myself.

Having a look around the web too, i've not really come across anything notable.
Hopefully someone else on this community forum maybe able to shed a light and help you further.

Regards
Adam
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Hi @RosieA,

Sorry to hear about the issues that you experienced whilst in Portugal. It's strange that you were unable to get through to the UK number. It may be worth checking which network your SIM has connected to whilst abroad as this could cause issues with your connection.

I would advise to access your network settings and manually connect to the MEO or NOS network whilst in Portugal to ensure that you get the best coverage.

If you have any issues in the future whilst away please let us know and we will do what we can to help.

Thanks,

Kash

Why iD Mobile?