Solved

Can't get roaming in Malta

I've arrived in Malta and though the phone initially connected to the partner network GO it then switches to Melita and I can't make or receive calls? I've tried altering the network manually but can't. I've switched on and off and once it reverted to Go but generally it defaults to Melita. Help!
icon

Best answer by Kevin 8 October 2020, 15:30

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @Michael H,

That's odd, our supported Roaming partner is Go Mobile.

Can you try removing the SIM and restarting.
Are you able to send/receive texts?
Do you see any network coverage when connected to Melita?
What about data?

Mohammed
Thanks, Mohammed

Actually the problem is sorted now after a visit to the Go outlet in Rabat. When I tried to find any alternative networks none were showing at first and even after the guy in the outlet managed to connect to Go it then went on to Emergency calls only when I switched back on. But I found s No network connected notification, tapped on that and it gave a list of providers and I managed to register with Go so all fine now. Just hope it connects to ID ok when I return to the UK.

Regards

Michael
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @Michael H,

That's great to hear!

We wouldn't expect any issues when you return to the UK but if you do, please let us know here.

Mohammed
Userlevel 1

I have a similar issue. I am in malta. I have almost 10gb of data allowance left and have mobile data and roaming enabled. However, I can’t connect to the internet with my phone.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

We’re sorry to hear that @martindevek 

What phone are you using currently?  Have you gone to your mobile network settings and ensured you don’t have any sort of profiles saved from a previous provider which could be causing a conflict?

Whilst in Malta you’d want to be connected to “Go Mobile” as your network over there.  Try selecting that manually if your phone hasn’t done so automatically.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

I’ll also post the APN settings here separately which you’d need to ensure are the same as below if your phone allows you to edit those.

Name iD
APN id
Username <leave blank>
Password <leave blank>

MMSC http://mms.um.idmobile.co.uk:10021/mmsc
MMS Proxy mms.idmobile.co.uk
MMS APN Username <leave blank>
MMS APN Password <leave blank>
MMS Port 8799

* anything with <leave blank> should be left blank
Userlevel 1

I have an iPhone XS.

I don’t know where to check if I have a profile installed.

Also, could you please let me know where to check the APN settings?

Many thanks,

Martin

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @martindevek,

The APN settings can’t be accessed on an iPhone.

Have you tried powering down the handset and removing the SIM for 10 minutes? This can often reset the settings for international roaming.

Will

Userlevel 1

I was able to find the profile. There was one installed from another sim. After I removed the profile it started working again and now o have access to the internet 

Many thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I was able to find the profile. There was one installed from another sim. After I removed the profile it started working again and now o have access to the internet 

Many thanks

Glad to hear that.

Not sure why this happens but looks like something to do with the way iPhone’s manage the Internet connections.

If you need any help, let us know here :)

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?