Solved

How long can my SIM card be unused (but paid) before iD cancel it/give away my number

• 2 June 2019
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
I'm going to be out of the UK for several weeks. I'll be with a different network during that time as the (non-EU) international roaming is quite expensive with iD. However, I'm very happy with iD as my provider in the UK and am on a monthly plan that suits me. I face spending some time without home WiFi in a couple of months, so I don't mind paying iD for data during a month I'm away as it will rollover to potentially cover me when my home WiFi is lacking.

There is going to be one full billing period where my iD sim card won't be in my phone at all. I just wanted to check that this won't result in it getting cancelled, or my phone number getting released to someone else.

When I put the sim card back in my phone on arriving back in the UK, will it work right away?

(As an aside, the other network might be cheaper for international roaming but my goodness was it a lot more difficult and time consuming getting their sim to activate! My iD sim just worked right away and I - as a new smartphone user - just assumed that's how it ought to be. Definitely staying with iD after my trip!)
icon

Best answer by Kevin 3 June 2019, 13:45

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10
Howdy @Smee (s it that a reference to Peter Pan/ Hook?)

Welcome to the iD Mobile Community here, and we're happy to here you've enjoyed your experiences with the iD network thus far.

Regarding your time away, providing you keep up to date with your bills your iD Mobile SIM will remain active just fine.
So unless you got in touch with us specifically to request a disconnection, or if you had failed to pay 3 bills back to back would we then disconnect an account.

Your SIM should just work from the get go when you put it back in here. Though if you had to insert any specific settings into your phone to make it work with the domestic SIM for the country you're visiting, then you may need to either just delete those profiles or reset your network settings when you're home. Just contact us again here or contact our Customer Serivces though if you run into any problems.

Safe travels and have a great trip!
Userlevel 1
That's great - thank you very much!
Userlevel 4
Badge +10
Don't mention it ^_^

Why iD Mobile?