Question

I am Indonesia but I cant recieve texts

I need to recieve texts from PayPal and my bank to verify payments but because I'm in Indonesia I cant recieve texts. I even tried to text myself but I doesn't work. My roaming is already set to on in my ID. So can you fix this?

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @Fion

Did you setup your cap limit by any chance? If you cap is set to 0 this might be the reason.

Are you connect to a network? Does your phone shows 2G/3G/4G connectivity in the status bar?

Have you tried turning your phone off and on ?

Let us know if these suggestions helped you.

We will try to solve it for you

Kind Regards
My cap was set with £10 limit. None of this was used. I actually increased it when I was there to test if it was the cause.

I was seeing the 4g icon on my Samsung S8 when I had my ID SIM inserted.

The only thing I can think of is the APN settings, but at a glance they seemed fine.

I would like to be sure this wont happen again when I travel. It's quite a critical issue.
And yes, I tried restart my phone to see if that helped. But it didnt. I think there is something about the son settings not working in different country or maybe Id is not compatible with roaming in Indonesia? Hopefully we can get this sorted .
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hey @Fion,

When in Indonesia, you would need to ensure that your phone is connected to the '3' network in order to have full network access. Can you recall that this was correct? Make sure that premium messages is activated within your iD account as well as within the settings of your phone as many phones can block these feature.

Also, your APN settings should say iD or iD Mobile when abroad to ensure the data works fine too.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?