Question

I am not recieving text messages from abroad since i joined iD, please help.

Userlevel 1
I am not receiving text messages from abroad since I joined iD couple of weeks ago, but the person is receiving my texts.

59 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @Ingi77

I am pretty sure that you would need to turn it on in your ID Mobile app. There should be an option under "Services" to toggle International calls and text. Unfortunately I cannot provide you with screenshot right now as I have just upgraded my contract and waiting for my new SIM to arrive so I can't access the app on my phone.
Let me know if you found it and if this solved your enquiry.

Kind Regards
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Ingi77,

Just to clear things up here, are you currently abroad or are you in the UK?

Ryan
Userlevel 1
Uk, but now it has been sorted. The problem is on other side. Thank you anyway.
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Ingi77,

Thanks for letting us know.

Ryan
Userlevel 1

Hello

I don't want to start new thread so I will add myself here. 

I got same situation like @Ingi77

I can't get texts from Poland (Mommy :)) but she got mine texts without problem. 

When she send text/MMS to my wife number (EE) there is no problem as well.

It start to happened just like 2-3 weeks ago. Before was everything OK.

No changes what so ever on my side. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello @MA61K 

As the text are not arriving you may need to ask the sender to check with there network provider, to find out why their texts are not arriving with you.

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Userlevel 1

Well she can send text without problem to UK's EE (my wife's operator) and get texts from both of us. Just I can't get any texts or MMS from her. I will try to get text from some one else from Poland to see if its her side foult or my. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @MA61K 

Have you received a text from the number in the past? 

If you could ask another person to try texting you from Poland and let us know how you get on?

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Userlevel 1

Yes. I could receive text/mms from her without problems and I could send her as well. It stops like 2, maybe, 3 weeks ago.

I will speak with my brother, as my mom is technologically disabled :p and he is her tech guy. He will check her phone as well and I will post results. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

No worries @MA61K 

Let us know how you get on.

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Userlevel 1

Ok.

Big testing done.

I ask my brother and as well old friends to text me some short message and give me ring after.

Non (zero) of 3 text get to me but all 3 rings did.

They have numbers at different operators so all together gives 4 diferent Polish operators that I can answer call but I can't get any messages.

What I tried till now:

Reset phone (if work with Windows why not)

In ID app switch off and switch back on International service.

Do you have any other ideas? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @MA61K,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Will

Same problem but Slovenia please help

Userlevel 1

My problem was sorted by ID tech dep. 

Check if its only one Slovenian network or more.

In my case was all Polish network so problem was on UK (I'd) side. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Tim Pain,

I am sorry to hear about that. Are you facing issues from one Slovenian number or is it from multiple numbers?

Ryan

Only one but it worked well until I switched to I-d

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Tim Pain,

Thanks, so does that mean you can receive messages from other Slovenian numbers or has only one number been tested? If you can only try the one number, let us know.

Ryan

Hi I can only try one Slovenian number and texts are not working.  Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Tim Pain,

What happens when you try and text the number?

Have you saved the number with the correct country code?

Kash

The text appears to have gone but is not received.  I have used this number regularly with other network providers without problems. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Tim Pain,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Hi,

I am looking for some help as having the same problem. My phone won’t receive texts from France, I’ve made sure my international setting is on (and tried switching it on and off to reset it) and done various tests to check the issues aren’t with the phone. Am certain the issue is with the network. It means I can’t receive texts from any of my french family which is causing a headache. Help please!

Thank you.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi,

I am looking for some help as having the same problem. My phone won’t receive texts from France, I’ve made sure my international setting is on (and tried switching it on and off to reset it) and done various tests to check the issues aren’t with the phone. Am certain the issue is with the network. It means I can’t receive texts from any of my french family which is causing a headache. Help please!

Thank you.

Why not ask them to use WhatsApp or a similar app to send messages.

Sending international text messages can be expensive for the sender - anyway, good luck.

Hi,

Thank you.

Why not ask them to use WhatsApp or a similar app to send messages.

Sending international text messages can be expensive for the sender - anyway, good luck.

Some of my family members are very old and don’t use WhatsApp plus some French companies I use send me confirmation texts for double verification but they don’t come through. Is very frustrating.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

@Olivier C, are you sure all French companies are setup to send SMS verification messages to non-French mobile numbers?

Why iD Mobile?