International Usage

• 3 January 2019
  • 1 reply

After returning from Egypt without being able to call or text the UK I called ID to find out why.

If you are travelling outside the EU you must call ID and if they have a partner network in the country you plan to travel to they will let you know. When you arrive you must connect manually to suggested network.

This is not publicised on the website so apart from having a moan hopefully this may help others.

My wife also has an ID SIM and was in the same position.

Very frustrating as of course when you have arrived it is not possible to contact ID!

Personally I will get use another supplier in the future.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @skev,

I am sorry to hear about the inconvenience that has been caused here, I understand that it is not ideal.

If we have a carrier partner in the country that you intend to visit, which is very likely, more often than not, our SIM card will automatically switch to this network and it's only on the rarest of occasions that a manual connection is required. This is generally the case for most networks too.

Also, your phone type can also cause your phone to not connect automatically, especially if you have it set to connect to networks manually.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?