Solved

Internet Access in France

• 13 June 2018
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
I was in the St Malo area in France for the last couple of days and although I had Roaming enabled in my iDMobile Settings and Mobile Data activated on my Samsung S3 phone, I was not able to access the Internet or use WhatsApp.

When using my webbrowser (Firefox Beta) I repeatedly received the message "Server Not Found", and WhatsApps just did not send my messages - it kept saying "Retry"

Is it possible to access the internet when roaming in France and if it is how do I do it?
icon

Best answer by Chloe 14 June 2018, 17:55

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Hi @Tony Hedge

I'm sorry to hear that you have had trouble with using your device while in France.

You may be having trouble due to the APN settings on your device, if you have a look at our website you will see what these should be set as:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/get-your-settings

Have a look and let us know how you get on; this should hopefully be a nice easy fix!

Chloe.

PS: I have moved your question over to the 'Coverage, International and Roaming' topic, as this helps others with the same issue find answers quickly! 🙂
Userlevel 1
My AP (Access Point) settings were not as described in the article above.

I have now added another AP, with settings as described in that article, to my phone and set it as the active AP.

After doing this I can still access the Internet using Mobile Data when in the UK, but whether it will work abroad I will not know until I travel again.

Let's hope it works.
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Thanks for your reply Tony, I am sure that next time you go away you will have no trouble using your data,

Get in touch before you go and we'll double check everything is set up for you.

Have a great evening!

Chloe.

Why iD Mobile?