Question

Manually changing network when roaming

• 21 December 2019
  • 1 reply

I'm currently travelling in rural Germany and the roaming network that is automatically selected is Vodafone.de. The signal on this network is very poor around here. Just about okay for texts, calls if the weather is good, but I can't get any data at all, not even enough to send/receive emails. I was wondering what happens if I manually select a different network, specifically o2, which seems to have great coverage here. If I do this, will the roaming activity still come out of my normal allowance or will this incur extra charges? I'm worried about getting hammered with a surprise bill next month if I just go and use o2 instead of Vodafone to roam here.. Thanks. 

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @TripleF,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having issues whilst roaming. Upon checking our roaming partners when you’re in Germany, the best network to connect to is actually O2! You can connect to Telekom too if available, however the 4G connection isn’t as good as O2.

When using your normal allowances in another EU country, there are no additional charges either. :smiley:

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?