Solved

Mobile Data unusable in France

• 23 November 2018
  • 3 replies

Hi, ever since the new EU contract. I ve been made aware that I can use calls messages and data in the EU. I have been travelling and never got data running. I have put data roaming on my ID contract and on my phone. Followed every step but it still won't work.
Thabjs
icon

Best answer by Ryan 28 November 2018, 18:00

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Tristanbarthel,

There should be no issue with roaming within the EU, given that your settings are correct.

Please can you let me know which network your phone is currently connected to, and which phone you're using? We may have to check the APN settings depending on which phone it is to get it working.

Ryan
Hi @Ryan
Thanks for answering, concerning my phone it's a Mi rednote 4. For the networks, it depends on the location. In the UK its ID, in France it was Orange F.
On my APN settings its on three.co.uk but I ve chosen to choose the best network option.
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Tristanbarthel,

Ah, I think I see your problem. The APN settings will have to show iD Mobile and not Three.co.uk. If you press the menu button when viewing the APNs and choose "Reset to Default", this should let you select iD Mobile and this has to be the case when you go to France too.

Alternatively, if that doesn't work then the APN can be set up manually using these settings.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?