Solved

Moving to France can I purchase one of these SIM only contracts?

• 28 January 2020
  • 1 reply

I am living in the UK at the moment, but in a few weeks I will be moving to France on a permanent basis, visiting the UK perhaps once a year for 2 weeks. I will have the address and bank account still, but will me staying in France, maybe even travelling to Italy on occasion mean that the SIM only contract won't work/be applicable for me?

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 29 January 2020, 10:55

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I am living in the UK at the moment, but in a few weeks I will be moving to France on a permanent basis, visiting the UK perhaps once a year for 2 weeks. I will have the address and bank account still, but will me staying in France, maybe even travelling to Italy on occasion mean that the SIM only contract won't work/be applicable for me?

Hey @Abs,

Unfortunately not.

We have a policy in place as will other UK networks which is a Fair Usage Policy to help prevent the abuse of the free EU Roaming.

You’d incur a surcharge for usage after the 4th month due to being permanently abroad.

Also, with Brexit imminent, there is no way to say what changes would happen with the Roaming policy as no one knows what may change.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?