Solved

network abroad -issues whilst in Italy

• 18 October 2019
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

I am abroad in Italy and my network stopped working, I can't make any calls send messages and data never worked, it is really important for me to use the phone please can you help me?! 

icon

Best answer by Phil 18 October 2019, 15:50

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi Phil, forget my last message, I've started again from the beginning, following your instructions and now everything works, I feel so silly now…it wasn't that difficult in the end.

Thank you so much for your help and patient.:-)

Hey @Martoz,

Sorry for the delayed response here but glad to hear you were able to sort this :)

Mohammed

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @Martoz , you can use 3 ITA or Wind whilst in Italy, try restarting your phone and maybe manually search and connect if it doesn’t automatically find a network.

You’ll need to make sure mobile data and data roaming is turned on to get data working outside of the UK.

If data still doesn’t work, check your APN settings are set to iD Mobile.

-Phil

Userlevel 1

Thank you, I tried but still no luck.

Userlevel 1

I searched the apn setting online so I'm not sure if they are correct. I've tried to get in contact with id customer service but the network doesn't work.

Yes the data  roaming are switch on.

The other thing was about wind, how do I do that? In the past with other mobile companies it always did it automatically, with id, nowI can only do emergency call!! 

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Ok, thanks @Martoz  We have a guide here that provides general advice.

https://community.idmobile.co.uk/practice-forum-1-29/roaming-troubleshooting-guide-31495

The APN settings are here:

Name iD
APN id
Username <leave blank>
Password <leave blank>

MMSC http://mms.um.idmobile.co.uk:10021/mmsc
MMS Proxy mms.idmobile.co.uk
MMS APN Username <leave blank>
MMS APN Password <leave blank>
MMS Port 8799

* anything with <leave blank> should be left blank

-Phil 

Userlevel 1

Okay I'll try it straight away, thank you.

Userlevel 1

Hi Phil, 

I'm so sorry to bother you again, but it doesn't let me open the link, it says that I'm not authorized to see it and unfortunately the APN is still not working, obviously, I don't know but I don't think it's going to work as the network it's off, it only says... emergency call.

To make sure I do everything right, this is what was already written in the APN, shall I leave them like this?

on MMC  ( 234) and MNC (20)

APN protocol (iPv4)

APN roaming protocol (iPv4)

Thank you!!!! 

Userlevel 1

Hi Phil, forget my last message, I've started again from the beginning, following your instructions and now everything works, I feel so silly now…it wasn't that difficult in the end.

Thank you so much for your help and patient.:-)

Why iD Mobile?