No Connection in Malta

• 25 April 2019
  • 6 replies

Just arrived in malta on holiday from UK I have a Sony Xperia xa1 my partner has an iPhone 5 we're both on id neither of us can make or receive texts or calls... Just keep getting this message" Network rejection cause sim not provisioned mm#2)" tried live chat switching off 4g etc with no luck I'm not happy can anyone help thanks

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Klt,

I am sorry to hear this! To have access to your services whilst abroad, you need to ensure that Roaming is turned on within the network settings of your phone, along with the Roaming feature being activated on your iD account online or through our app; has this been checked too?

Also, you should try a manual network search to ensure you're connected to "go mobile", our network provider when in Malta.

Ryan
Hi yeah I've tried everything suggested by customer services whom I contacted through live chat my phone is showing go mobile icon but still not able to make or receive calls 😵😡
Or texts
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Klt,

Have you still been without service since your last message? I don't suppose that there is another phone that someone has that is currently working so you can try your SIM card inside that one?

Also, have you tried to change the network type to 3G only to see if this helps with connection?

Ryan
I've had some service when my phone connected to go mobile but its reverted back to melita mobile and I've lost service again
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Klt,

It's strange as to why it's doing that; I can only assume that there may be a coverage issue with the network where you are that is causing this, especially with it affecting both phones.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?