Question

No Data Roaming in Croatia ?

• 21 September 2018
  • 2 replies

Just back from 10 days on Croatia; could not get any mobile data wherever I went. Thank goodness most bars/restaurants have free WiFi. I have successfully used my phone in Spain many times and yes, I have tried all the usual cures .... there just does not appear to be any mobile data coverage in Croatia ... texts and calls work fine

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Hi Analyser69, we offer roaming services in Croatia using the networks T-Mobile and Tele2. Both should provide access to Calls, SMS and Data.

If your data service wasn't active we'd recommend you check that data is enabled along with data roaming in your phone settings.
If you've been able to check the APN settings on your phone, they should be for iD Mobile and not Three. Roaming data may work in some destinations using the Three APN but we'd always recommend iD Mobile to ensure the best prospect of connectivity.
-Phil
Thank you for the response Phil. I am a seasoned user and have successfully used my phone on ID in Spain, Hungry, Austria and Slovakia; to name a few. all ID services have worked in these countries. There should have been no need to make any changes to use ID in Croatia; however I did check all the settings you suggested and they were all correct. Tele2 was the network i joined for voice and SMS; but data just did not work at all. I would not mind if ID admitted they do not have data coverage in Croatia, no good keep telling me it "SHOULD" work !! I will be returning to Croatia and would appreciate knowing I can use data on ID out there please. Thank goodness most bars/restaurants in Croatia have free WiFi !! Overall I am very happy with using ID; just a shame about coverage in Croatia which you say should work, but does not ! Thanks, Hugh.

Why iD Mobile?