Solved

No data roaming in france

• 28 August 2018
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
I'm in france with Samsung galaxy s6 & visit regularly. No problem previously with data roaming. Arrived last night to find the phone is roaming but no data. I've restarted the phone, disabled/re-enabled data roaming, changed networks all not having any effect.

ID Chat is not useful -- asking me to test the SIM in another device.... 'cos i always carry around extra mobiles for just this sort of thing.

Help?!?
icon

Best answer by London-cat 28 August 2018, 18:48

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Oh persistence pays off. I hung in there on chat (click it even tho it says "all agents are busy" and then say you've tried help with no luck. You *will* get a chat connection.

Robin on chat sent out a new APN for my Samsung (the one I had in Settings>Connections>Mobile>Access Point Names was for three.co.uk). After a reboot, we're there!
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Oh persistence pays off. I hung in there on chat (click it even tho it says "all agents are busy" and then say you've tried help with no luck. You *will* get a chat connection.

Robin on chat sent out a new APN for my Samsung (the one I had in Settings>Connections>Mobile>Access Point Names was for three.co.uk). After a reboot, we're there!

Hello @London-cat,

Glad to hear you were able to get connected and get the correct APN settings.

There's actually a pinned post on the right titled: How to prepare your phone for a trip abroad

You can find all the steps required including the APN settings here.

If you need any further help, let us know.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?