Solved

No service when abroad in Lanzarote

• 6 March 2019
  • 4 replies

I have just returned from Lanzarote and whilst there my phone kept saying 'no sim'
So I couldn't use it unless I turned it off and back on then it would be ok for approx. 5 mins. It seems ok since I have been back. Is this something to do with the phone or id?
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 11 March 2019, 15:08

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @Snoopdog55,

The likelihood was that there may have been an issue with the international mast(s) you were connected to which is something out of our control.

As you were able to connect to Roaming services, we wouldn't expect there to be an issue on your account for Roaming that would have caused this.

If however, what you're saying is you weren't able to use any Roaming service regardless of connecting, then it's possible that your device wasn't set-up for Roaming.

We've got a topic here which details the steps you'd usually need to follow for this.

Mohammed
Thanks. I couldn't connect or use my phone in anyway as it kept showing no sim'! My phone was set for roaming. So possibly it was the mast although my husband who is with Tesco mobile was working perfectly fine.
Hi I am in Lanzarote I've had same issues no service constantly turn phone on a d off it works for a short while then no service again
I fixed my service problem by turning my GPS/location service off all is fine now
Thanks for your reply I will know for future trips.

Why iD Mobile?