Question

No service when Roaming

• 29 September 2018
  • 7 replies

"Traveling in Europe as I've not been able to send or receive either texts or calls. I've done all suggested by the chat team my phone still says no service. I've an iPhone 5s

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @debbie50,

I'm sorry to hear this! Did the team run through the roaming service ensuring that it is active on your account? If so, the phone might not be picking up on the correct local network in which you need to gain our services.

Please can you conduct a manual network search from the phone settings and let me know which networks are displayed? Also, which country you're currently in?

Ryan
Telekom_FON. I am now in Berlin and have had no service since the 21st September!
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @debbie50,

Whilst in Berlin, you can use either Telekom or O2. Could you try to connect to O2 instead to see if this makes a difference?

Also, please can you log into your iD App or online account to make sure your roaming services are active?

Ryan
I am not receiving either of these networks. Yes I've checked my roaming feature is active. And I still have no service.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Prior to going abroad @debbie50, we ask you to contact us just so we can ensure your phone is set up for Roaming.

The main steps for this are:

1) Roaming turned on in the iD Account
2) Roaming turned on in the phone settings
3) Connected to a network

If you're connected to a network, you should receive service to Roam abroad.

Is nothing working at all, i.e. no signal, so no calls, texts or data?

Or is data working fine?

There's a featured topic on the right (as seen in the picture) which covers the steps for setting your phone up also.

Can you check this and advise here if you're still having issues.

Mohammed
4 weeks ago in Costa Rica 2 weeks no signal. now in Malta, same problem. Chat says same as Costa Rica type manually in but still no good so tomorrow try again but if no good suggest like me cancel contract and direct debit and go to provider that worked abroad, 20 year I was with Vodaphone and no problem so will go back to them what ever the cost but at least I can be connected!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Hi @kimbowden ,

Sorry to hear that you are having problems connecting to a network in Malta.

I would advise to ensure that Data Roaming is enabled on your iD account and on the handset. Once this is done could you try manually connection to a network. From what we can see Go Mobile is the best network to connect to whilst you are there.

If the above doesn't work please could you try again after leaving the handset off for a while.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?