Solved

Phoning UK landline from Spain

• 13 June 2018
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
I spend 4 months a year in Spain - have been with 3 Network on payg for years and if I ring a U.K. landline it only costs me 2p a minute.

If I have a monthly contract on ID can I use my “allowance” of minutes to phone UK landlines from Spain?
icon

Best answer by Chloe 14 June 2018, 18:09

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Hi @Ian1951

Thanks for getting in touch, I am sure a number of customers are curious about this.

Have a look at our EU Roaming fair usage policy here:

EU Roaming Fair Usage

This states:

"...if you roam more than you use your phone at home (we mean in the UK) over a 4-month period, we might think you’re permanently roaming. If so, we'll take the following action:

• First of all, we'll send you a text reminding you of the fair usage policy. If you don't change your usage behaviour to comply with it, we'll also ask you to provide some sort of proof that you have strong ties to the UK, like a UK bill or bank statement.
  • If you don’t provide any proof of having strong ties to the UK, and you continue to roam in the EU more than you use your plan in the UK, we'll apply a surcharge to your EU roaming usage. When we do this we'll send you another text message - to make you're aware of the situation, and give you a second chance to stop roaming and avoid charges."
Please let us know if you have any more questions or concerns.

Chloé.

Why iD Mobile?