Question

Prolonged visit abroad due to coronavirus

• 28 March 2020
  • 1 reply

Hello

I have been on an extended holiday in Spain for past 2 months, which as far as fair usage policy goes, is well within the bracket. However due to COVID-19 outbreak and subsequent lockdown affecting many flights, as well as UK being behind with putting in appropriate measures to battle the pandemic, I felt I would not have been able to go back to the country without endangering my close ones with potential exposure to the virus I could have easily contracted during return journey, nor did I feel safe myself going back to London, which is now a hot spot for the virus outbreak in the UK. I have therefore decided to travel to Poland, where I landed last night, and where as a nation I am entitled to spend a 2 week quarantine in specially designated by the government institution, to eliminate the risk of exposure.

Now, given the unpredictability of the situation I do not know when I'll be able to safely return to UK. My question is how will that affect my ability to continue using my plan abroad and will I incur any extra charges due to prolonged roaming period?

Thank you in advance for your help xx

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Maggie Kay,

Thank you for getting in touch; I am sorry to hear about your situation and I hope that everything is going to be okay for you whilst you are in Poland.

In regards to prolonged usage whilst in the EU, we generally allow around 4-months of continuous usage before action may be taken. If you see that anything regarding your services has changed after this time then please either contact us via Twitter, Facebook and we’ll have this looked into given your circumstances.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?