Solved

Ringing abroad

Userlevel 1
I am trying to ring home from Murcia and keeps saying I need to connect number with client!! I can't ring out at all.
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 8 May 2018, 13:30

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Hi dimples, are you able to receive calls and use texts?
Are you using the +44 dialing code to reach the UK?

Can you see what network you are connected to, you should be able to use Yoigo or Movistar whilst in Spain.

-Phil
Userlevel 1
Hi, yes can receive calls, texts etc. Only thing won't let me do is ring out. It says number needs to be assigned to a client. I also tried 044 code to no avail and am on Movistar, very strange. Thx for reply.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey @dimples,

To confirm, the UK Dialling code is +44 not 044.

For example, the sample number 0777 111 222 3 would be +44777 222 3 (without the spaces).

So the 0 is replaced by +44.

Can you try this and confirm if this works?

Mohammed

EDIT: I've moved your topic to the Coverage, international & roaming section of our community.
Userlevel 1
Well thank you Mohammed, success 😁. I hv never had any problems before as usually just dial out from contact list so good for future use. Pity live chat didn't tell me that, back home tomorrow and hvnt been able to ring!! Very much appreciated.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
That's great @dimples, I'm very pleased to hear this :D

I also had the same issue when I went abroad a few years back with my network provider at the time. Eventually figured it out and I've updated all my contacts as +44 to save me the time!

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?