Solved

roaming data charged while all roaming off in the phone

• 3 August 2020
  • 3 replies

Hello. I've been in UAE for the last 6 months. I've switched off all roaming in my phone a few days ago I get a text message that my cap is almost reached. For some reason, I've been charged data usage even though my phone hasn't used any for the last 6months.

Phone is LG V30+. Internal data monitor doesn't show any use. ID mobile claims I used 1MB = £10?... :-O

I would very much like a refund and ID to look into this what appears to be a glitch somewhere in the process.

icon

Best answer by Ryan 5 August 2020, 17:18

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @jofu,

Did at any point in time your phone connect to services to roam? Even if this was for a few minutes? 

This would explain why you incurred the charges.

If however, you're saying you've never had roaming services enabled ever since being in UAE and your phone has been in flight mode, we’ll be sure to look into this further.

Mohammed

Hello,

My phone was not in flight mode. My phone had data turned off. My phones data counter for that period is reading zero. My phone settings have not been changed whatsoever by me in the last 6 months so it is unclear to my why all of a sudden this happened. My phone was also largely unattended the day this happened (i.e. no user interaction). I have now disabled roaming for my account with ID altogether as a precaution.

Please review what happened on your end.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @jofu,

Thank you for letting us know. We’ll have a member of our Support Team PM you now so we can look into this further.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?