Solved

Roaming in EU does not work for data

• 29 July 2019
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

I have an iPhone 5. All the settings for roaming and data roaming are on. I have recently been to Belgium and Germany where I could get calls and texts but no data. It said I didn't have a subscription. This worked with my previous supplier but not since I went to ID. I am going to France soon, what can you do to sort this?

icon

Best answer by Ryan 2 August 2019, 16:56

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Hi @TDM,

Sorry to hear about the issues that you have had with using your data abroad.

I would advise to check our community post for further information about setting up your handset for use abroad. You can find further information about it HERE.

Please could you also check that data roaming is enabled on your iD Mobile Account.

Let us know how you get on with this and we would be happy to help you further.

Kash
Userlevel 1
As I said on the post. The handset settings are all on for data roaming. I checked about a hundred times.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Hi @TDM,

Did you manage to check if the iD Roaming is enabled on your iD Account?

Please could you also check your APN settings match the ones below?

Name: iD
APN: id
Username:
Password:

MMSC: http://mms.um.idmobile.co.uk:10021/mmsc
MMS Proxy: mms.idmobile.co.uk
MMS APN Username:
MMS APN Password:
MMS Port: 8799

* anything with should be left blank

Alternatively you can request your settings HERE.

Let us know how you get on with this.

Kash
Userlevel 1
I am now on France using wifi. I have the same problem that it says I have no subscription to a data service.
All the settings for roaming are on. I changed carrier as suggested by ID help phone line.
Calls and texts still work but anything thT needs data die not.
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @TDM,

If you head to the settings of your phone and then look through for a 'Profiles' section, if you see anything inside there then please delete it and let me know how it goes. You may have to restart your phone too.

Ryan
Userlevel 1
Thanks Ryan. There was a profile from my old carrier under settings/general/profiles. It worked when I deleted that.
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Thanks Ryan. There was a profile from my old carrier under settings/general/profiles. It worked when I deleted that.

Hey @TDM,

That's great; I'm glad that it's all working for you now. I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip!

Why iD Mobile?