Solved

Roaming in EU within data plan not operational

• 5 August 2018
  • 5 replies

Hi, I’m currently in Romania and whilst I am able to make calls and send/receive texts, I am unable to use my data allowance. Roaming is enabled on the phone and via my iD account. Please advise. Regards, Simon
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 7 August 2018, 13:03

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10
Hi Kevin,

I reset the network settings and am now able to access mobile data. Thanks.

Regards,

Simon

Wahoo!

Great to hear that @Sbdriches

Focus now on enjoying the rest of your time there 😃
Kevin
Hi Kevin,

I reset the network settings and am now able to access mobile data. Thanks.

Regards,

Simon
Userlevel 4
Badge +10
Howdy @Sbdriches

Did you ever use the iPhone 5S with another network before ourselves?

If so, it's possible that some network settings may still be saved to the phone from the previous provider which are causing conflict here.

You may have an option in your Settings > General -or- Settings > Network/ Carrier Settings to remove or delete profiles. If you can, please delete any profiles from there and re-try.

Separately. Please try manually connecting to another local network over there to see if that alleviates things. Ensure to that you have "Roaming" turned in in both your phone's settings AND on within your ID Mobile App.

Hopefully that helps.

Kevin
Thanks Mohammed, however, I’m unable to locale “APN settings” in my IPhone 5S and no-one at iD mobile has been able to offer a solution.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hi, I’m currently in Romania and whilst I am able to make calls and send/receive texts, I am unable to use my data allowance. Roaming is enabled on the phone and via my iD account. Please advise. Regards, Simon

Hey @Sbdriches,

Welcome to the iD Community.

It sounds like an issue with your Access Point Name (APN) settings.

If you could locate the APN settings usually found in the Mobile data section.

There is a featured topic in a green box on the right which explains the steps you need to take to prepare your phone for abroad.

Click Here

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?