Solved

Roaming in Ireland and Portugal

• 18 March 2019
  • 3 replies

Hello all, first post here from a fairly new iD Mobile user.

I'm visiting Ireland and Portugal in the coming weeks and I'm wondering about roaming. Will it be on 3G or 4G? Does it work well enough to use Google Maps and browse webpages?

Thanks in advance.
icon

Best answer by stvn 18 March 2019, 19:21

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @stvn

I cannot tell you about Ireland but I can give you some input regarding Portugal. I regularly travel to Algarve for Holidays and ID Mobile works there pretty good. It connected to MEO provider if I remember correctly and they have pretty good coverage. When we are in the big city like Faro I can use 4G without any issues but if you travel to the countryside then you may struggle with good reception.

Kind Regards
Hi @stvn

I cannot tell you about Ireland but I can give you some input regarding Portugal. I regularly travel to Algarve for Holidays and ID Mobile works there pretty good. It connected to MEO provider if I remember correctly and they have pretty good coverage. When we are in the big city like Faro I can use 4G without any issues but if you travel to the countryside then you may struggle with good reception.

Kind Regards

That's really useful, thank you. I asked on Twitter as well and I'm told that there is 4G roaming in both Ireland and Portugal which is perfect.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey @stvn,

Glad to hear you were able to get the advice over Twitter.

Yes, Ireland & Portugal support 4G Roaming!

Let us know if you need any further help :)

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?