Solved

Roaming in Slovakia and Hungary

• 29 January 2019
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Hi I have just come back from my holiday in Hungary and Slovakia. I am sharing my experience with ID mobile network. When I reached Hungary I had no signals. It was like my phone was in the aeroplane mode. I switched off my phone and still I had the same problem. So I went to the settings and tried to find the network manually and then I changed it to automatic. I restarted the phone and this time the network got connected with some Hungarian mobile network. My mobile internet was bad. It was not 4g and mostly it was H or H+ and rarely 3g. I had to restart my phone 3 times as the signals were gone and so as the internet.

I am using Samsung Galaxy S5 prime SM-G570Y.

Could the ID staff please have a look and tell me what went wrong? I did follow all the instructions about roaming which are provided on this web site.
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 30 January 2019, 11:15

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey @Manish,

Thanks for sharing your experience and we're glad that you followed all the steps of Roaming prior to going abroad.

There isn't anything that you've done wrong, connecting manually and turning off the device is the best way to connect to services when roaming.

In Hungary, we only provide 3G services so the data service won't be as fast as you're used to. There isn't much that we can do about that, but we hope that the list of countries we're providing 4G in grows over time.

Currently, you can only get 4G roaming in the following countries:

• Denmark
  • Canada
  • Portugal
  • Sweden
  • Canada
  • Cayman
  • Ireland
  • Kuwait
  • Jamaica
  • Austria
  • Bulgaria