Solved

Roaming Issues

I've just landed to sicily and wherever I go I can clearly see that I've got signal with internet and roaming activated as well but whenever I try to load web pages or my mail or anything else, it starts loading (or it seems it does) and nothing happens. I'm currently using the internet through an hotspot.

icon

Best answer by Ryan 27 July 2020, 15:53

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @marco,

We’re sorry to hear that! When you say you have roaming active, is this within the settings of the phone as well as your iD Mobile account online? Also, which phone are you using so we can see if the internet settings may need to be changed.

Ryan

Hi Ryan. Thanks for your reply. The roaming is active on both my phone and ID account. 

I've got a Samsung galaxy a40.

Last time I was abroad was in January and I didn't have any issue. 

Honestly I'm not sure if the problem is with my phone or not but if I use internet through an hotspot or the wifi, it works. I've also tried the common solutions like resetting, switching on and off the network, changing the 4G,3G,2G options but nothing helped. I've also checked the APN and I've got only ID internet available. Do you have any other possible solution to try?

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @marco,

Thank you for trying all of those for me. Would it be possible to try and reset the APN settings to see if this makes any difference? In your phone, if you go to the mobile network settings and then to the APN section, you can press the menu button and then “Reset To Default”, this will allow the phone to automatically download the APN settings again.

If that doesn’t work, changing the APN settings manually to the ones below may also help:

Name: iD
APN: id
MMSC: http://mms.um.idmobile.co.uk:10021/mmsc
MMS Proxy: mms.idmobile.co.uk
MMS APN Username: 
MMS APN Password: 
MMS Port: 8799

Any fields not mentioned can be left blank.

Ryan

Hi Ryan. Thanks once again for your support. 

I had already tried resetting the APN. I had found this advice here on the forum.

I had also tried to create a new one with the same data you gave me but nothing change unfortunately. 

Apparently the APN doesn't help.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @marco 

You don’t happen to have any old profiles saved in your phone’s settings for a previous network do you?  As this can something cause a conflict if you have any old network profiles still listed.

Have you restarted the phone since landing?

Can you manually try connecting to the WIND network over there and see if that helps?  Sometimes if you’re searching networks automatically it doesn’t work.

Hi @Kevin 

thanks for jumping in.

I've already tried to restart my phone 3 or 4 times since landed. 

I don't have any old profile saved for what I know. In any case I tried to switch manually to other networks (tim, Vodafone, liliad) but only tim worked even though I was still unable to run internet. Normally, the automatic selection is Wind. I can try to select it even manually to see what it could happen. 

I've also tried to put my sim in another phone but I've always the same problem. Basically I can see the 4g symbol and the lines with the R but when I tried to load any page, it starts but immediately stops and doesn't do anything else.

I'm not sure what else I could try. 

selecting the WIND network manually didn't help, However, the automatic chosen is WINDTRE, there's no WIND only network. Not sure if this could help you.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi again @marco 

What networks show there that allow you to select from those manually?
Be sure after tinkering with those settings that the APN settings are still correct as outlined by Ryan above.

We’ll send you a Private Message here to get some further details to look at your account settings further from our side.

Hi @Kevin 

thanks for keep suggesting. 

The options I had selecting the network manually were:

Windtre, I Tim, Vodafone IT, Liliad and 22190 (not totally sure if this latest network was exactly this number but it was the only one with numbers rather than letters).

I could select only windtre and I tim. With all the others I had an error.

I didn't check the APN after selecting the network. However i checked it with windtre and it was as per Ryan message.

I'll check later with selecting I Tim. 

Thanks guys 

Hi @Kevin 

I checked and even added a new APN according to @Ryan instructions selecting a new network manually (I tried with I Tim) but it didn't work. Still the same problem. 

I've also seen that compared to @Ryan APN data, mine has got under name iDinternet rather than iD only. Not sure if this matters. I tried anyway creating a new APN using iD for the name but it didn't change anything. 

Please, let me know if there is anything else I can try.

thanks guys.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hopefully it won’t be much longer at this point till our Tech Team has an update for us @marco

In the meantime, please select Windtre if it has defaulted to anything else since your previous troubleshooting tests.

ok @Kevin 

thanks

Hi @Kevin and @Ryan 

I've just received few messages with new info for the APN settings and it worked. So I'm finally connected again to the rest of the world.

Thanks you very much for your efforts guys!

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hey @marco,

That’s great to hear! Thank you for letting us know. We apologise for the inconvenience caused during this but we hope that you enjoy the rest of your trip. 🙂

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?