Solved

Roaming Outside of Europe

• 8 January 2019
  • 2 replies

I have an issue with the call centre: I rang and spoke re two "INTERNATIONAL" destinations OUTSIDE EUROPE. I was told they are outside Europe so the 'phone will not work ??? I expressed; surely this is not correct. The 'phone should connect to a provider and it would be my responsibility for any / all charges incurred. I was told to go to the website for costs but my question is: WILL MY PHONE ACTUALLY CONNECT when in either Costa Rica or South Africa. I am aware costings are on the www but I NEED TO KNOW if my iD sim card will actually connect ??? Last time in Costa Rica any attempt to make a connection be it auto or manually was declined. ALL roaming settings were correct and pre travel I had contacted iD. I do not have any desire to buy a local sim card. Can the company list connection availability on the www in respect of countries OUTSIDE of EUROPE !!! Anything and everything is based on "50 European countries" which we all know now works - let's have info re further afield as sim card owners actually travel further than Europe. Come on iD be one step ahead of the rest plus WILL MY 'PHONE WORK in these two countries ?????? 🌍
icon

Best answer by Phil 9 January 2019, 13:33

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Hi KenThePen

Sorry to hear you've not had the situation explained in the past.

In Costa Rica, you can connect to the Movistar network when available.
In South Africa MTN or Vodacom.

You can find the details of charges whilst roaming in these locations here
https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/international-and-roaming-charges

Hope this helps.
-Phil
Phil - much ta for that - It will be interesting to see if correct - if not one may have to consider if iD is suitable as a provider?

Why iD Mobile?