Solved

Roaming Problems in Mallorca

• 2 September 2018
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Hi,

Im having issues roaming. I followed the guide to roaming so Data roaming is enabled on app and handset. I have full reception on Movistar 3G and an R next to it so I know it should work. But I cannot get on the net or send texts or use apps like gmaps. Anyone had this experience before? If I had no reception I would understand but there is full connection. WiFi all works fine so it's not a handset issue. I've turned handset on and off several times, same for settings. My wife has the same problem, shes also on ID! Any ideas anyone? Thanks.
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 4 September 2018, 16:14

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @trg,

Sorry to hear you're having issues.

Are you referring to this topic: How to prepare your phone for a trip abroad

There's a second post as a reply below this I added later.

This advises you'll also need to make sure the correct Access Point Names are configured.

Can you send me a screenshot of your APN settings?

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
Hi Mohammed,

So I added a new iD APN as you suggested (as I was on the 3 APN as default) and I selected the new iD APN and then set it as default (you need to do this or it defaults back to the 3 APN each time you turn the handset off) and rebooted the handset. AND NOW IT WORKS! Kudos to you - thanks very much buddy.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
That's awesome @trg,

It's usually always the APN settings that's the culprit.

If I had a £1.00 for each time it's been the cause, I think I'd be in Mallorca also 😆

Have a great trip!

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?