Solved

SIM only deal with a French phone possible ?

• 11 September 2019
  • 4 replies

Hi,
I currently have a French phone with a French SIM card, and I am going to live in the UK for a few months, where I will need a UK SIM card.
Is it possible for me to get a SIM only deal to do so or are they only for people who already have another ID deal ?
Thank you
icon

Best answer by Gregor 11 September 2019, 22:35

Hey @marina

As long as your phone will be unlocked then iD Sim Card will work there. Problem is that to be approved for contract Sim you need to have 2-3 years of proven residence in UK. In your situation would be better to get Pay as you go offer as it does not require credit checks and you can cancel at any time.
View original

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6
Hey @marina

As long as your phone will be unlocked then iD Sim Card will work there. Problem is that to be approved for contract Sim you need to have 2-3 years of proven residence in UK. In your situation would be better to get Pay as you go offer as it does not require credit checks and you can cancel at any time.
Thank you Hikari,
Oh I didn't know that, is this so for all SIM card brands ?
If I go to a shop instead of the internet is it the same ?
Thank you again !
Userlevel 8
Badge +6
Hey @marina

It is the same for all Sim Only deals including ones purchased in store deals. It is required because credit checks need to be done for customers that are thinking on getting a contract. Your best option is to take Pay as you go Sim as its hassle free and does not require credit checks.

Kind Regards
Thank you very much again Hikari, then I will take a Pay-as-you-go Sim card. Good evening !