Solved

SMS text messaging from UK to Europe

• 6 January 2019
  • 6 replies

Hi. If I send a text message to Luxembourg band 1 I'm being charged extra outside my unlimited Text allowance. Should this not be free?
icon

Best answer by daniiiiiv 6 January 2019, 22:34

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4
Hi @AndyBass

As silly as it sounds, your texts to Luxembourg would not be included within your allowances if you're calling from within the UK. They would only be included if you were currently roaming in another EU country on the Band 1 destination list.

Unfortunately, if you're using your phone in the UK to send to destinations outside of the UK (including EU destinations) then you will be using international charge rates. You can however use your phones allowances in a Band 1 destination to call/text the UK as well as other Band 1 destinations.

Regards

Dan
OK thanks. No chance of an add on for this? The cost can be hefty after a few messages sent.
Userlevel 5
Badge +4
Unfortunately not with iD I’m afraid 😕
OK thanks. Appreciate your quick response. Kind regards Andrew
If an SMS to a French number from UK is not delivered at first attempt, will it be automatically re-sent repeatedly and charged each time?
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Johnb,

This will depend on how your phone works. If you check your text messaging app, any outstanding messages will need to be deleted to ensure they are not sent at all.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?