Solved

Texts to Isle of Man

• 19 December 2018
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
The main reason I signed up for ID Mobile rather than one of the other providers was that the Isle of Man was included in its roaming deal along with the EU countries.

Anyone know why I get charged for texting to the Isle of Man? When I bought the phone I checked through a variety of things and was told that this would be included in the package.

Also, can someone point me at a link where I can make this complaint more officially?
icon

Best answer by Ryan 20 December 2018, 16:43

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @JohnK,

The Isle of Man is classed as one of our 50 EU roaming destinations, so when messaging a non-UK number whilst in the UK yourself, you will be charged; it would only be included within your plan if you were on the Isle of Man or if you were roaming outside of the UK within one of the other 50 countries on our list.

You can find further information on our dedicated EU roaming page here. Who was it that mentioned all contact is free to the Isle of Man whilst you're in the UK?

Ryan
Userlevel 1
So you think I'll be charged for IoM landline numbers as well as IoM phone numbers while I'm in the UK. But if I go to any other 50 countries that are NOT UK then I get free texts/calls to IoM? And free while I'm there?
How about texting my father's (IoM) phone while he is in UK?
This isn't how it was described when I bought the phone - free calls to the IoM was a major thing for me since that is where my parents live. This was the number 1 reason for choosing ID.
I was sure it was your staff that told me that since 01624 and 01724 weren't using an international dial code they would be included in the plan. I'd have to check to see if I have exact details of that.
What is the email address for me to send a complaint to please? I don't want to post personal details on this forum.
Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @JohnK,

Due to the network telecoms on the Isle of Man being classed as international, this means they are classed as a roaming destination and due to being in the EU, it would be free if you are also roaming outside of your home country but not within.

Please can you send us an email with a copy of your complaint so we can look into this? Also include your Community username, full name, full address, mobile number and date of birth to speed things up.

Thanks,
Ryan

Why iD Mobile?