Solved

Unable to send text messages from outside uk

• 10 December 2018
  • 5 replies

Hi ,
im unable to send text message from outside the uk.
i am using iphone. And I have 5000 texts allowence remaining..I’m receiving texts no issues.
I have premium services, international roaming on and also I have tried switching on and off the phone as well.

thanks
icon

Best answer by iamyelling 11 December 2018, 10:58

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10
Hi @Parus

Are you still having problems with this?

What country are you in currently? If it's a country outside of the EU, then the text charge would be chargeable you see, and in which case, if your cap is set to zero then a text would get prevented as you've not allowed any outside of plan charges to go through.

Kevin
Badge +10
@Parus I didn't know you could reply to bank sms messages, I thought most bank text's were only oneway.

however @iamyelling does have a point about the originator country code prefix if that is missing then it wont get back.
Userlevel 2
Try selecting a different mobile operators network and also if you have a free source of WiFI try connecting and confirm if the issue is still present. With certain types of messages Data is also require on iPhone

Apple have a troubleshooting guide here - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204065

Hope this helps

Ian
Userlevel 2
hello Parus,

That issue looks like a problem with the Roaming Network not being able to identify the destination is the UK so the SMS is failing. If you have the option ask if there is an alternative long SMS where you can use the +44 prefix number for your Bank.

Best Regards
Ian
i have just tested this again. The issue is with the short code texts like 850 09 or 808 70 I received a message from bank and I’m trying to reply back which is not getting delivered.

if I send a text to normal phone like 0044 xxxxxxxxxxxot. Works.

i have premium services on as well

Why iD Mobile?