Solved

unlock phone for international use

• 14 February 2019
  • 5 replies

I just arrived in Ghana and will be here on business for 3 weeks. I need to get a local sim for local calls but my phone is apparently locked. How do i get this unlocked as I was told when I bought the phone it was unlocked
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 15 February 2019, 15:06

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @damoah89

In order to unlock your phone, you should get in touch with our Live Chat team here so we can process the request for you.

You can also check out this post for further information on how to unlock your phone.

Source

Regards
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @damoah89,

Just to clarify, we can unlock your handset for use on a UK network provider.

If you'd like to unlock your handset for international use, you'd need to speak to the retailer from where you purchased your handset for guidance. If you got the handset from us, or Carphone Warehouse, then our handsets are sold for UK use and we do not guarantee use with international SIMs.

Mohammed
Userlevel 2
as you need it doing quick nip into any phone shop that isn’t tied to a line provider ...ie not an O2 shop etc and ask them if they can unlock it , depends on phone you have.
Userlevel 1

How can I unlock my phone for international use?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Ping Salt,

Your handset may already be unlocked onto all UK networks. What make and model handset are you using?

We can’t guarantee that it will work on networks outside of the UK unfortunately.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?