Question

USA Roaming not working

• 13 March 2019
  • 8 replies

In USA. No roaming.
Can detect networks but not connect.
Roaming is enabled on my account.
Tried off & on (obviously!), reverting to 3G and 2G and tried manually selecting carriers.
Any ideas?
Thanks.

8 replies

Userlevel 1

I have had a situation here in US since March 1st that I have no connection to id-mobile I was on Chat several times & my last one March 1st said that someone would contact me by email. They never did. So on May 10th I am returning UK & worried that my phone will not be working as I will need a taxi from the rail station. Today I have tried to text UK but no connection what is the problem? cannot find chat today situation is far from satisfactory.

Perhaps your roaming issue was fixed @lesallen45 If it was not… all of a sudden from early March, my USA roaming networks were all showing forbidden, after working no problem for 2 years. After months of back and forth with customer service but no fix, I got a new SIM sent to me and that fixed the problem. Suggest you get a new SIM if you’re traveling back to the USA.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @lesallen45,

If you’re having trouble with the iD live chat service, try sending a private message (PM) using facebook or twitter.

It’s best to contact iD between 9am - 6pm, UK time - that way you can chat or PM with a real person.

Anyway, I hope you get things sorted - good luck.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I have had a situation here in US since March 1st that I have no connection to id-mobile I was on Chat several times & my last one March 1st said that someone would contact me by email. They never did. So on May 10th I am returning UK & worried that my phone will not be working as I will need a taxi from the rail station. Today I have tried to text UK but no connection what is the problem? cannot find chat today situation is far from satisfactory.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Hi @AL41,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Were you able to manually locate the networks? Could you please try the SIM in a different phone to see if you are able to connect to the network? The handset may not be supported in the USA.

However if you could answer the questions above it should assist us to get closer to resolving this.

Thanks,

Kash
Thank you Kash. Unfortunately that didn't work. For info, the phone is a Vernee Thor and, on the advice of iD, I have set to 3G only.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Hi @AL41,

Hopefully we can get this resolved for you so you can continue using your services whilst in the USA. Firstly in regards to the APN settings could you please try to delete these completely and enter the settings again and restart the handset.

Secondly as you advised that you are unable to connect to the network I would advise to check which networks are available. I can see that the best network in the USA would be T-Mobile or AT&T so please try to manually connect to one of these.

If you continue to have any problems let us know and we will do what we can to help.

Thanks,

Kash
Thanks for your reply. APN settings are as you listed. The 'APN enable / disable' option is greyed out but listed as 'APN enabled'. Full list of settings below.

Name: iD
APN: id
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://mms.um.idmobile.co.uk:10021/mmsc
MMS Proxy: mms.idmobile.co.uk
MMS Port: 8799
MCC: 234
MNC: 20
Authentication type: Not set
APN type: default,mms,supl
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled **
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 0305

** Option in grey and can't be changed.
Userlevel 8
Badge +9
H @AL41

Iam sorry to hear that your roaming does not work properly in USA. Would you be able to check your APN settings on your phone? It should like like the list below

Name: iD
APN: id
Username: *
Password: *

MMSC: http://mms.um.idmobile.co.uk:10021/mmsc
MMS Proxy: mms.idmobile.co.uk
MMS APN Username: *
MMS APN Password: *
MMS Port: 8799

* anything with * should be left blank

Make sure that your APN look like this and once done, ensure that the APN is enabled after saving the settings.

Let us know if that was of any help to you.

Kind Regards.

Why iD Mobile?