Solved

Using Data with a router while roaming

• 21 May 2019
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Hi I'm having problems connecting to the internet with my mobile router while roaming. I have set the router to and my id mobile account settings are set to roaming. What are the I need to change please.
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 27 May 2019, 11:58

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Thank for the help but im now back in the uk. But i have changed the APN Settings on my router to id and it is working ok in the uk. So hopefully when i go back to Europe it will work ok. i will let you at that time.

No problem @Jackos,

Do let us know how you get on when you next go abroad!

Hopefully it's sorted for then.

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
Thank for the help but im now back in the uk. But i have changed the APN Settings on my router to id and it is working ok in the uk. So hopefully when i go back to Europe it will work ok. i will let you at that time.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey @Jackos,

That would explain the issue here.

The Three UK APN setting works fine in the UK but when you're Roaming, you'll need to use the iD Mobile APN Settings found here: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/get-your-settings

I've attached a screenshot in-case you are unable to access the website to locate this.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1
Hi the Router works very will in the uk with id mobile sim. It is trying to connect. Im looking at the setting on the router and the APN is trying to connect to three.co.uk is this right for roaming as ID Mobile Is off the off the back of 3uk.
Is there a APN setting for ID Mobile.
I have attached some screenshots.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10
Hi @Jackos, and welcome to the iD Mobile Community here.

This mobile router of yours. What network is that on? If it's with another network, then your phone should simply just be able to connect to that as if it was any other Wi-Fi network connection, and it shouldn't have anything to do with the iD Mobile SIM itself.

If you have popped an iD Mobile SIM into a mobile router, then it's more than likely to be a compatibility issue, as tethering isn't something that we officially support you see.
Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @Jackos

Unfortunately there is not much that we could do as iD mobile does not offer support for MiFi devices. Easiest solution would be to move your sim to a smartphone and use its hotspot option to share internet connection with other devices. You could also look at APN settings of your MiFi device and see if there is anything that you could tweak.

Kind Regards.

Why iD Mobile?