Question

Using ID mobile sim abroad

• 21 September 2018
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Has anybody using a ID mobile sim abroad ever been able to get data ? I am unable to get any satisfaction from ID and Carphone Warehouse have advised me to change my supplier, ID technical support say they cannot escolate the problem until I’m abroard, have installed a sim running O2 and all the required settings are then available to set the APN unlike ID. Apple support says carrier has to allow it have tried to explain to ID to no avail. Any suggestions would be appreciated

2 replies

Only suggestion I have is I’m afraid it’s either deep incompetence or deliberate. You can see my exchanges with iD on here if they haven’t been deleted. I’ve just spent over three weeks in France with no data as “I do not have a mobile data subscription”. A number of exchanges with friendly ppl who didn’t read my messages, and asked the same questions repeatedly. I am a power iPhone user, sent numerous screenshots and carrier settings such as APN options having been blocked by iD’s own settings for the iPhone.

Then all went quiet when I suggested it was deliberate to avoid foreign carrier charges and I mentioned OFCOM...iD is cheap and works well in the U.K., but I will have to change supplier as I was really stuck without roaming, which U.K. carriers are obliged to supply at least for now.

Hope you have better luck and prove me wrong about my suspicions
PS looks like the exchange is still on here if you search my handle.

Why iD Mobile?